fuel pressure rises not in boost

fleebag

so i am still trying to find my sputtering issue while cruising and saw today while drivng that my fuel pressure is rising while not in boost?

i canged the filter this morning and my pressure was 43 line off, but while cruising if i rev it a little bit the fuel pressure rises but i am not in boost? now if i continue to go a little faster but my boost gauge still zero my fuel pressure stll rises to 50+lbs ?

i thought the pressure isnt supposed to rise until it reaches boost?

my blm's are a lil high as well, 134 ish at cruise with new oem pcv

thx in advance

Its works off of vacuum. When you give it gas manifold vac goes down and the diafram in the regulator adds more psi to compensate for the increased air volume. If you were cruising at 5inhg and fuel psi started to climb on its own I would say there is a problem with the return line, but in your case I think your fine. Completly normal.

It will rise but not above the pressure at line off unless you are in +boost. Are you sure your boost gauge is correct?

my boost gauge will stay at zero until around 33-3400rpm
but at 2000rom i can make the fp go from 40ish to 50 while driving but reving the gas

If you ....

list your mods, it would not be so difficult to guess at any problem. Mods can compound problems. Have you checked your tps for proper operation. they can have bad spots where they break contact/increase resistance,etc.:confused:

I had a car about a year ago had a rusty fuel pump hangar. The return is the tube the pump hangs on.. so if the return has a blockage, the fuel pressure will be all over the place. Sometimes the issues you look for are somehwere else.