Fuel Pressure/ No start problem.....

coolguywalt

Well, got ready to go home after work and she would not start. I have had no problems, no weird noises from the fuel pump or anything. I can get it to crank, but no start. Have no fuel pressure. Fuel pump is hotwired. Pulled out relay and it looks good, doesn't smell burnt or anything. Fuses look good too. So, at this point, I unplugged the memory wire by the battery and when I plugged it back in, I hear a clicking from the fuel pump relay under the hood. Is this relay bad? I undid the hotwire and reconnected the stock wires for the fuel pump, and still nothing. Did the pump go bad without any warning?

Did you do a continuity check and ensure you have voltage back at the pump? Do you normally hear the fuel rail preasurize when the key turns on and now you don't hear it?

yea, i usually hear it. My fuel pressure gauge i the car shows flat 0's while I am cranking and when i first turn the key on.

Using the gray fuel pump prime connector over near the alternator or else the gray wire out of the relay socket run a jumper fused at 25amps. to the battery and see if the pump runs.

This bypasses the relay and tests the wiring to the back.

Assuming you don't have the hot wire on it anymore.

If you do use the fused jumper to the fat red wire going to the back of the car and see if it runs the pump.

Tried that...where is the grey wire by the alternator, can't seem to find it, but I tried the hotwire thing and it didn't do anything. I am going to get a multimeter gauge tomorrow after I get the car towed 15 miles back home $$$$$, enehoo, I think it just might be the fuel pump....:( could be worse, I could have to change the pump on my IROC, much harder

Well, I seem to have 20,000 ohms of resistance in the fuel pump taken out of circuit. This is bad, right? It should be a lot less, huh? It should be less than 20 ohms i would think since it only a coil of wire.