fuel pressure gauge?

turbojitsu85

I have a cowl mount test and tune fuel gauge from Postons that started to leak right behind the gauge. I need a new one just curious as to what ever one here uses. I am thinking of going with the rail mounted one.

My two brothers and I have always used the Poston's gauge (the small one with the braided line that you can leave under the hood or stick out in front of the windshield). For some time now Ive had a Autometer gauge attached to a homemade bracket and sits at lip of hood in front of windshield (its bigger and lighted, so I can actually see it).
We have had no trouble from either gauges. Ive always recommended the Poston's gauge for a quick setup.
Is it the gauge itself that is leaking, or is it from where the fitting on the line screws to the gauge?

It's the gauge that is leaking. I was thinking of getting a VDO gauge that sits on the hood but i don't want to drill into the hood and every website I go to doesn't have a picture or discription of the gauge and bracket so I'm not sure were I would have to mount it if I can get away without drilling it into the hood. I'm leaning towards the one from Postons that you leave on the fuel rail under the hood right now.

I got mine from Caspers, it gets taped to the windshield when needed. Steel braided line, no mounting cup.

I use a Kenne Bell. It came with a nice hood mounting bracket. The holes to mount were drilled into the UNDERSIDE of the hood, so nothing ruins the good looks of the outside (top) of the hood.

DO NOT DRILL INTO THE HOOD! I would never do that, the home made bracket that I made is probably most lsimilar to the Kenne Bell one that Black Cherry T mentioned. It attaches to the underside of the hood with a couple of screws. The bracket is aluminum and wraps around over the top of the hood. The gauge mounts on top of it and sits right at the edge of the hood.

auto meter pro comp in car w/ isolator. went through three islators before I got one that was good. belive they are backordered again too.