Fuel Pressure Gauge

87 GN WE2

I was thinking of replacing my water temperature gauge to an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge model 3363 since the scan master does water temperature. Has anyone used the 3363 before. Do I really need a fuel gauge in the car at all times?

As a matter of .

practicality, the f/pressure gauge comes in handy when diagnosing a problem, or just want the convenience to monitor the f/p at any time. I think for most, the 3' braided flex added to the fuel-rail gauge and taped to the back of the hood for problem solving works well. It can be attached to the fender when not needed.:cool:

I have mine with the 3" line so I can place it under the wiper when testing. BUT I would like to have one in the car so you can always see it.

I installed this Auto Meter fuel pressure gauge three months ago and although it's not a gauge I constantly stare at, it's nice to be able to give it a quick glance every now and then to see if the fuel pressure is ok. :wink: I also checked it's accuracy with the one mounted under the hood on the fuel rail and the difference between the two is minimal, I'd say 2-3 pounds the most...
I personally prefer an electric, inside-the-car gauge than the hood mounted kind, but that's just me...:redface:

Claude.:cool:

I don't remember what the p/n on this one is/was but this is my set up. It's electric and runs around $200. I placed it with the boost gauge so i could verify the 1 psi of fuel pressure per 1 psi of boost.

It helped me realize my fuel pressure was dropping off not once but twice (fuel pump) before I popped a head gasket. My 2 cents yes you should have one on your car.

Attachments

• 6-20-09 007.jpg
    6-20-09 007.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 101
I was thinking of replacing my water temperature gauge to an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge model 3363 since the scan master does water temperature. Has anyone used the 3363 before. Do I really need a fuel gauge in the car at all times?

I never thought so. Right now,I have a hood mounted Autometer Pro-Comp liquid filled one and braided line. It is in a flat black cup,so it is not horribly noticeable. I made a steel bracket and drilled holes UNDER the hood. It will be there until tuning issues are worked out.

It saved me the other day....

I always wait until the pump shuts off before starting. I turned the key to on....pump on...gauge climbs to 40psi....then slowly drops. ????
I open the hood,and gas is spraying out of the regulator o-ring.

If the gauge wasnt there to monitor,I wonder how far I would have went and/or what might have happened.

Someone asked me a little while ago... "why do you have that tach on your hood?". Ugh. I'm gonna get that coolant adapter and put it inside eventually.

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. PowerLogger,60#,tt alky chip,accufab reg.