Fuel Pressure Gauge Problem

Shane

I have an Autometer Phantom Electronic Fuel Pressure gauge that's connected directly to the schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail.

Yesterday I swapped injectors and when I turned on the gauge it was reading about 15psi. I figured I must have air in the fuel rail, so I went ahead and primed the pump and hit the schrader valve to empty out the rail.

I started up the car and the gauge reads 22psi. It's stuck there and doesn't move. The car runs like a dream, so I know my real FP isn't 22psi, and I can't seem to find a leak.

Anyone seen this before? I'm wondering if there's a quick and easy reset for the gauge, or if I got air inside the sensor or something.

Does the hose that connects to the schrader valve have a depressor in the end of it to open the valve?

Yeah, sure does. The gauge worked perfectly for about six years before I emptied the fuel rail out.

one time i pulled my shadervalve out and some thick black gooey stuff came out of the end.ive also talked to other that have had this same problem. i wonder if that stuff maybe has gotten into your sender? i guess its from the rubber lines breaking down and i kept my filter changed so i dont know how it gets in there.good luck

The Schrader valve may not be depressed. It may have depressed enough to give you 22psi and then closed, trapping that pressure in the sender. Take the Schrader valve out and reconnect your gauge to see if that works.