Fuel mixture meter

Peter

I am considering installing some kind of fuel mixture meter. Any opinions on the best type and where to install the O2 sensor would be great. I have also considered an exhaust gas temperature gauge to do the same job. What are the pros and cons of the two methods. Any help would be useful. :)

Well , I have a A/F guage (bar graph & a O2 sensor). It it came in very handy when I was tuning the carb.

But I would like to get a EGT So I can tune the alky for Max. performance.

Heck , maybe I do both.

What year is your car? , If you have a O2 sensor already. Get a scan tool to read the computer to get the O2 voltages.

Just a thought.

I totally recommend it !, (A/F gauge). I have an old Interdynamics A/F gauge and at least it eliminates fuel mixture questions. I believe that Nordskog bought them out and they sell them. One can find it in the Summit catalog. :cool:

1978. No O2 sensor ,hence the question as where the best place is to install one?

In the up pipe. Or find a 1980 to 1982 exhaust mainifold for that side.

I have been checking this out ,and seem to be understanding that there are two types of gauges. One that works at around 14.7 to 1 for cruise, and one that works on a richer scale for WOT. Is there a gauge that will cover both areas. Or is this the domain of WIDE BAND O2 SENSORS? I think they are too expensive for a cheapskate like me!!:D ;) I certainly don't want to buy two gauges but would like to tune for the "mean and lean" in cruise and "go and get em" at WOT.:cool:

The Nordskog looks exactly like the one I got. The Electronic Q-Jet is read very well by this gauge.

I don't know how a non-electronic carb would read on this gauge. With the electronic carb the gauge varies at 14.7 and richens at WOT.

I would imagine that with a non-electronic carb the gauge would give a steady reading.