Fuel Lines compared, OEM GM vs Aftermarket

I see the problem and for the money spent you shouldn't have to make it fit but the way it looks you could take a Dremel tool with a separating disc and run it around the end lightly to make a groove for the O ring to nestle in.

If you look closely at that pic the swedge on the Inline one is to big. The OEM is smaller than the OD of the tube. The Inline is the same diameter as the OD of the tube. You'd have to use the O-ring they supplied to get it to work which it wont because of the size of the swedge. It has to mate perfectly with the female fitting on the part. I dont blame you for not using the Inline parts. They have a little problem there IMO.

Well here is the reply from Inlinetube.com sent by the BBB.
He basically says I'm a moron. This is a great lesson in poor
customer service.

Attachments

• inline reply.jpg 1.jpg
    inline reply.jpg 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 522
Wow...that sure isnt a sure fire recipe for satisfying customers lol. I dont see a problem. "it doesnt fit my application" "Ok, send it back"... Whats wrong with those people? Are they intentionally trying to piss off their customers??
Why wont they accept it as a return? Is it damaged? I never seen a business just up and say "it dont fit? then its probably cuz you dont know what youre doing. I guess youre screwed now" lol.
I'm actually in the market for a stretch of line that was improperly put on, and got a groove worn thru it.... Looks like I'm not going to gamble with my money at that place.

Refund !

update: I filed a claim against Inline Tube and requested a refund through my credit card company, citing defective products as my reason.

As required by law in most states, the credit card charges do not have to be paid until the "investigation" is completed. No one from card card company has yet contacted me for documentation or pictures, they say it can take 6-8 weeks to resolve.

moral: pay with credit cards to preserve maximum legal rights for yourself. I likely would have been SOL had I purchased with Paypal or a Debit card.
My credit card company reversed the $289 charges (except for the freight) ! :biggrin: :biggrin: .

After I confirm with Inline that they don't intend to pay the return freight to retrieve their defective lines, I may keep & install the 3 short stainless tubes that sit on top of the gas tank ... those were OK.

If anyone wants the remaining SS lines, feel free to drive out to So Calif and pick them up ;) I really don't want to mess with the shipping hassles. (contingent upon Inline not wanting the tubes back).

Well I got another set of fuel lines, this time by Classic Tube.
The ends are properly made. I assemble and disassembled
the line and the o-rings came out perfect, not a mark on them.

I am still fighting Inlinetube.com
I am going to try to dispute the charge again
on my credit card.

Attachments

• DCP_0740.JPGa.jpg
    DCP_0740.JPGa.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 470
Yes, the Oring bead on the Classic Tube lines is very close to original GM design!

This is a very compelling comparison photo that should surely convince the credit card company (and other reasonable people) to reverse the charges.

Aggravating that we've both had to endure this ...

Well here is the reply from Inlinetube.com sent by the BBB.
He basically says I'm a moron. This is a great lesson in poor
customer service.

You know you did Inline a favor there and they insult you for your troubles. Inline needs to step back and take a look at their crap. What if you installed those lines and developed a fuel leak and the car caught on fire? Seems to me it would be a lot cheaper just to refund the full amount than face a lawsuit only to lose it and have to pay out for a new car and the legal fees. Maybe you should point that fact out to them. Make sure you use this thread in an attachment only to point out the support for you and all of the business they lost due to crappy quality control.

Great and I have a set of inline tubes also that I bought a year ago and have not put on yet :rolleyes: Looks like they are crap?

Great and I have a set of inline tubes also that I bought a year ago and have not put on
Fuel or brake lines? Their brake lines have always been good. If fuel lines, then compare your "saginaw-style" o-ring ends with pics above -- you may have a problem.

I had my lines made locally (parts store that does hydraulic lines). While similar to the ones complained about here, I didnt have this issue.

What I DID have were a few attempts at them getting the bends right. For the money saved I dont feel bad.

Those lines from "classic tube" look pretty good!

Fuel or brake lines? Their brake lines have always been good. If fuel lines, then compare your "saginaw-style" o-ring ends with pics above -- you may have a problem.

Yeah they are the fuel lines. I'll have to check them tonight and see if they are the same as the pics above.

update on my lines

The lines Classic tube made for me had the correct crimp on the ends.
The fittings classic used was closer to stock than Inlinetube.
I did how ever have 2 problems with Classic Tube.
They failed to crimp one tube to hose connection. But I have access
to a hose press, so this only took me a few minutes of company time to
fix.
The other problem for them was, they charged me for only one line, not two.
So I wasn't about to call them and complain.

So far I received a credit on my credit card today, but they now handed
the dispute over to Inlinetube's bank. From what I was told, their bank
can still deny they are wrong and still rebill me for the charge.

So far I received a credit on my credit card today, but they now handed the dispute over to Inlinetube's bank. From what I was told, their bank can still deny they are wrong and still rebill me for the charge.
That would suck ... but these laws differ by state, so my (satisfactory) outcome may not apply in your state.

Still, that doesn't seem quite right ... else every disputed merchant would simply always deny everything, all the time.

I'd re-read the fine print on your cardholder agreement ...

I sent them an email...i dont specifically describe the problem but i have a feeling they are fully aware of what it is...nor do i give the source of the thread...that can be done by guys that actually bought their products...

Hi...ive recently read an auto tech thread clearly showing some design problems with your fuel lines...in the thread detailed pics of the difference from properly made products compared to yours...thats not really the problem...the responses from your customer service i see as being a bigger problem...false advertising satisfaction and then sluffing off responsibility to the customer for your product defects add in a complete lack of manners from your staff or even worse your owners...anyway i own an auto shop and the purpose of the letter is to inform you of your loss of mine and my customer's business...good day to you...noah.

...very poor customer service...if theres a problem with what you sell fix it or refund the customer's money...pretty simple successful business practice in my opinion...hope it works out for you guys...thanks for the heads up...noah.

No No

As I read this I took a look at my inline fuel line and I have the same problem,
how do I make this work without removing the line?:rolleyes:

if the lines are installed and have been "working", probably you should keep them 'as is' -- replacing fuel lines can be a PITA.

but I think your lines will forever require extra care when installing filters, so as to not pinch or lose an o-ring.

Well I got another set of fuel lines, this time by Classic Tube.
The ends are properly made. I assemble and disassembled
the line and the o-rings came out perfect, not a mark on them.

I am still fighting Inlinetube.com
I am going to try to dispute the charge again
on my credit card.

WOW! THANKS for that picture! That clearly shows Inline has inferior crimping. Classic Tube is nearly identical to GM.