fuel lines and brake lines

ponyetr

I'm doing a frame off on my 86 gn, and want to replace all the fuel and brake lines. I see Poston has all of them in ss, but they're not cheap. Anybody know of a cheaper route??

I used the PST, SS Brake Lines, and they were bent really, close to being exactly right.

SS=$$

Might check current prices, but I think I paid, 179 some years ago.

I can get them all in OEM (cheaper than SS of course) or SS. Email me directly if I can help. Thanks.

brake/fuel lines

if you're doing a frame off you should consider just going out to buy unbent lines with pre-formed double-flared ends at your local auto parts - they sell them in varying lengths from 12 inches to 60 inches, youll need junction blocks to join them (also available from parts store) buy a bending tool (approx $ 30 Sears) and just copy the old lines.

The other alternative would be to just buy lines w/ unfinished ends and then buy the bending tool and double flare tool ($ 40 Sears) and make exact replicas w/o any junctions.

Either way you're looking at under $ 100 and its very easy especially if a frame off.

I did my brake lines w/ the frame on using method 1 and it was fairly easy. Actually w/ the frame on method 1 is pretty much the only way to do it as you cant fit a prebent line on the car.

good luck

I've got some mint lines, both fuel lines and brake lines available that were removed from a super low mile car about 15 years ago. Was keeping them for myself, but I sold the last of my GN's.

Can't ship them as they seem like they are 20 feet long. I'll have them in BG next week.

Joe