fuel line size upgrade lesson learned

I got my fittings today got to button up the bottom line by the frame rail then I'll see if my $20 fix works.
nugamuru.jpg

a4a4e4uz.jpg

I bought mine from Discount Hydralic hose the steel fitting is M14x1.5 male 90 to 3/8 JIC which is the same as -6AN
Part # 9069-06-14

When I had that setup, I had to remove my regulator in order to screw in that 90 degree 14x1.5 oring to -6 an to the bottom of the regulator. Just didn't have room to screw it in in place. I know they make a fitting just for that to convert to -6 an, but it wasn't cheap for an anodized version. I have it laying around here somewhere in my stack of fittings.

There are m14x1.5 to -6AN
Fittings but I haven't seen them with a 90 in anodized aluminum. If you use an adapter then a 90 it probably will not fit with a stock location regulator.

I'm going to bump this with a hijack, if you don't mind. I want to run SS hose from the regulator, but only to the line at the frame. I don't have any pressure issues, just a rounded fitting attached to an ugly kenne bell regulator.
241ae2a6e54daf4a8effe6690a8f01eb.jpg
I dug up this part list and was wondering if it was accurate and could provide the results I want. TIA

Do a search for posts by Turbofabricator for fuel lines. He has nice pictures on how to do it if you are keeping the original return line. He cuts off the saginaw fitting and use a compression fitting to AN on it.

Thanks, but I'm not trying to cut anything. A simple plug and play is what I'm looking for.

The saginaw fittings are the restriction and are what needs to be removed for better flow if you're not replacing the whole line.

I don't have any fuel pressure issues to speak of. I want to replace the return because the fitting is rounded at the regulator. Would a pre-bent SS return be easier?

I replaced all fuel lines with SS from Kirban's took about 8 weeks to get them and I had to lift the body off the frame to snake the lines over the axle. Turned out ok as I then had reason to replace the body bushings too!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you just need to replace the lined down from the regulator to the frame, replacement ones work fine. No need to upgrade the size if you don't need extra flow.

I don't have any fuel pressure issues to speak of. I want to replace the return because the fitting is rounded at the regulator. Would a pre-bent SS return be easier?

Just re read this just get a stock passenger side line and your good to go. Post it in the parts wanted section.

I put a dw300 on my car with stock lines and I was able to get the pressure down to 45 psi. I am running e85 so that might have something to do with it too, I'm taking more fuel off the rail at idle.
Do you have any other mods?