fuel in oil?

pawpz

i went to check my oil the other day and noticed it was a little light,so i smelled it,and seemed to be fuel?bad rings?any help would be good thank you!

Does the car run rough or idle rough? I had a coil go bad one time and caused one cylinder to be dead, and it didnt take long for gas to get into the oil. Check and make sure running on all cylinders.

Are you running a PCV system?

Fuel getting into the oil is fairly common on our engines when there is not adequate crankcase ventilation. Actually fuel always will get down there, its just a matter of extracting it which is why we have pcv in the first place.

You should see what comes out of my moisture seperators on my crankcase evacuation setup. After a few WOT blasts I have a shotglass full of pure fuel in them.

thanks guys

i have just dicided to start doing everything myself and its been pretty hard i am not a mechanic but i try and read all the threads and its really helped me alot. since i got the car it already had alot of upgrades so im trying to still figure out whats stock whats not...
car does run rough at idle so i will look into the coil pack. and to pablo i have no idea if i got a pcv system or not. after i look into the coil i will repost..thanks guys i really appeciate the quick response!!!!!

i have just dicided to start doing everything myself and its been pretty hard i am not a mechanic but i try and read all the threads and its really helped me alot. since i got the car it already had alot of upgrades so im trying to still figure out whats stock whats not...
car does run rough at idle so i will look into the coil pack. and to pablo i have no idea if i got a pcv system or not. after i look into the coil i will repost..thanks guys i really appeciate the quick response!!!!!

You didn't change your injectors without changing chips, did you?:wink: Or Visa aversa.

Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck

no

:confused: no,didnt change chip or injectors. but im sure that they are not stock and trying to find out what they both are.

:confused: no,didnt change chip or injectors. but im sure that they are not stock and trying to find out what they both are.

Just thought I'd ask in case you didn't know whether they were matched or The person gave you another chip with the car that's for different injectors that aren't in the car but used to be, and you inadvertently changed it trying to find problem.

FYI chip has to match the Injector size. 50lb injectors need a chip that is burned for 50 lb injectors.Wrong chip will cause poor idling, fuel in oil, etc.

If you haven't touch any thing in that department then it's most likely something else. sorry.