Fuel Fitting Questions With Pictures

zzzwilliams3200

Hey guys,
Recently I purchased a SS braided fuel feed/return line kit from a member on the board and I've been having a hell of a time getting things to go together. Basically, the fittings that he sent to connect to the stock fuel filter are not the correct thread, and the fitting that is supposed to thread into the fuel rail isn't the correct thread either. The fitting that threads into the bottom of the FPR IS the correct thread, and that is the only fitting that is stamped EARLS on it. What can I do to get the fuel system back up and running? I have tried to get a hold of him but I don't think he has internet access other than once a week. Is there another fuel filter made for a foreign car that I can use that will have the correct threads? What about the fuel rail connection? Here are some pictures that describe what I have.

Attachments

• buickfilterline.jpg
    buickfilterline.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 589
  • FUELRAIL.jpg
    FUELRAIL.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 594
I am assuming that is the part number for the fitting that will connect to the fuel rail? Or is it the ones for the fuel filter? Or both?

The adapter fittings should look similar to this Aeroquip brand picture

Attachments

• aeroquip fuel.jpg
    aeroquip fuel.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 580
Well I ordered 3 of these from Summit for the ends of the fuel filter and the fuel rail inlet. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Thanks for the help.

So did they work? I'm still waiting for the correct solution.

Did your lines come assembled?

So did they work? I'm still waiting for the correct solution.

Did your lines come assembled?

They did not come assembled, which wasnt too bad of a task...only got poked twice with strands underneath my fingernail. My kit did not come with all of the correct fittings, the one listed above is the correct part number from Summit, and I had to eat the cost to buy those because I've been PMing bullet87 about a refund and havent gotten a response in almost a month now. He said he would get it straightened out so I havent given up hope yet. The fittings I had to buy were for the stock fuel filter and the fuel rail feed side, so 3 of them total. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll reply for sure

Seems this guy was making a good deal on these lines. But now he's disapeared!! Were you under the impression they were plug an play no assembly required?

Seems this guy was making a good deal on these lines. But now he's disapeared!! Were you under the impression they were plug an play no assembly required?

I don't know about a good deal now that I have buy 3 fittings for another $30.00 puts the kit over $200. I was under the impression that they were going to be assembled. Based on the questions that were asked by you and others in the original Post.

I am currently in Korea until November. I had my wife making them up for me there in the states, but that just did not work out. I will be opening up something online when I return, for all braided lines for the buick. I am still going to try to keep it as cheap as possible to help out the buick community. Thanks for your interest and good luck.

Rob

Any of you tell me how this connected to the tank.. barb above axle or is/ was it designed for a sumped tank??

The ones i got were only long enough to go to the stand pipes above the rear. I thought they were going to go all the way to the tank. But, I made it work after I bought the correct fittings for the fuel rail, fuel filter and FPR.
MJH

I replaced the feed and return. My problem was 80psi of fuel pressure at idle ans could not adjust it. I replaces the stand pipes also. Classic tube has them. Just remember that the the smallest line is the return the middle size one is the vent and the large one is the feed. I hooked the return to the vent and still could not adjust the fuel pressure. I switched them and all was good. Still trying to find an answer to why it matters what tube the returned fuel enters the tank.

The vent line has a restriction in it. Which is why the fuel pressure was so high. Very little fuel could get through the vent line back into the tank.

RemoveBeforeFlight

No breaks

Sorry guys, deployed again. While I was home I went through all my parts to make sure they where in order. If I ever get home, I can help anyone out.