Fuel filter question

CanVan87GN

Some opinions please....I have a 190l/hr Walbro fuel pump and use my car for street only(my business car). I want to replace the fuel filter along with the, PCV, and plugs. Is a factory filter good for my application or is there a better after-market one available?

Shaun

Shaun, if your PCV rattles, leave it alone as new PCV's and old grommets tend to leak...alot. Put in some #24 Autolites and use dielectric grease on the boots. I've just been using the Fram fuel filters so far.
HTH
Jim

Jimmer

Hey Jim. How goes it? I will use the fram filter but how can you get rid of the PCV knocking sound (new grommet?). My car has lots of rattles and I am sytematically getting them done.

Shaun

Rattles...my car has more rattles than Toys R Us but the one thing that should rattle on our cars is the PCV. Take it out and shake it...if it sounds broken it's working. No rattle = FUBAR. If you have to replace it, then bendover at GM and p/u a new grommet as well :D, otherwise it'll leak like Top-Secret info!
Jim

Yes, I've paid more money for "performance" fuel filters in the past, and what I found was; I simply paid more money for a relabeled stocker.
You'll do fine with a FRAM, WIX, PUROLATOR, or AC DELCO, available at your local parts store.
Just don't buy the cheap "house" brands that some stores offer.

Autolite 24's gapped a .035 is the way to go on plugs, IMO too.