Fuel cell pass Inspection?

GranRegal87

Hey guys.
I am in the process of swapping my 1984 3.8 N/A in favor of my 85 GN Hot Air driveline, just had a question for emmissions.

I want to install a 16 gallon fuel cell with Full AN lines (send and return) to a fram filter, and an inline puller pump, and adjustable regulator.

Will using a fuel cell give me a problem for NYS inspections.
Since it is a 1984, it will be run on the Dyno at 50mph along with a safety inspection.
I also have a 3.73 posi rear, and will have the 200R4 tranny installed with 275-60 r15's by the time of inspection.

Any input would be appreciated.
Anyone running this setup or a fuel cell?
Thanks!!!

If there is a visual inspection in NY and you remove the tank to replace with a fuel cell, the liquid vapor separator is also removed, therefore the visual will fail

Thanks for the response.
The liquid vapor seperator?
Does this have to do with the charcoal canister and a vent line that runs to it?
I was hoping to reuse as much as possible of the emmissions system.
Three lines going into (or coming out of) the fuel cell.
Gas feed 10AN (probably), gas return 6AN maybe, and a vent line that goes to the charcoal canister in the fender well right?

If that is what you're refering to I think I can keep it, right?

Any ideas?
Thanks!!

yes you can, but the question is will the NY inspectors accept it. Question I cannot answer, just providing some input

Here in CT we have the gas cap sealing test.

Not sure if they check that stuff in NY, could be an issue with a cell?

ahhh..
Thanks for the input guys.
They do test gas caps here in NY.
I'll have to take it to a small shop that knows street/strip cars, It shouldnt be a problem if it works properly..
But you never know, could be a big headache.

a couple more questions..
A bone stock Hot air GN motor, how many psi fuel pressure does it require? Gpm?
I'm trying to pick out a fuel pump to match.