FS/WTT: '88 Formula LQ4/T56 (LS truck block) *lots of pics*

KevinB

I'm posting this for a friend in need.

Car is located in Cincinnati and Indianapolis (he goes to school there)

Anyways, this is his post:

Due to a catastrophic engine failure in my race car, this thing has gotta go. I don't know what's salvageable at this point, but it looks bad from here.

PRICE IS $7,200 FIRM! If it boils down to one penny less, I'll pull the motor out of the thing and put the shell on Ebay. So don't bother asking.

The ONLY trade offers I'll accept had better be accompanied by $1500 or more. So, unless you meet THAT criteria, don't bother either.

I've got WELL over $10K invested in the car, with receipts for everything. Myself and BES_Stroked_Nova did ALL the work on the car, minus build the tranny, so I know most everything about the car.

You can look it up, this car was featured in GM High Tech Performance Magazine over a period of time from '00-'02 I believe, under the name "Magnum TPI." The car was sold as a roller, and converted for the LS1 before I got ahold of it.

I bought the car with a running, driving, LS1/T56 swap. Shortly after the cam swap, the car stretched a rod bolt or two (weak '98 bottom ends....).

As the car sits.....
Motor:
'04 LQ4 6.0 liter longblock with 27K miles (bought from Truck Parts Unlimited in May '07)
Katech rod bolts, all rod bearings inspected upon removal, looked PERFECT.
Texas Speed Torquer V2 Cam 232/234 duration, .595/.598 lift 112 LSA
TSP pushrods
Ported LS6 oil pump
Comp 918 valve springs
Rollmaster double roller timing chain
LS6 intake manifold
Jantzer ported TB
Aeromotive AFPR
Custom 3" intake tube/cone filter
Filled motor mounts
EGR/AIR deleted
off road y pipe
3" SLP "Two on the left" catback,
Flowtech cutout
DMH Electric cutout
Custom Speartech wiring harness.
Tuned with EFILive! by Richie Kolb of BES. The car was finish tuned this past weekend, drives like a completely stock car. I averaged 19.1MPG out of the last tank with mixed driving.

I have a set of JBA Firecone Shorties (coated) I'll include with the sale.

Trans:
Rebuilt T56
carbon kevlar synchros
Steel shift forks
forged gears 1-4
LS6 clutch/PP
Pro 5.0 Shifter
All has <10K miles on it

Rear:
9 bolt rear, 3.27's with rebuilt posi unit, <10K miles

Suspension:
Hotchkis panhard bar, sway bars, lower control arms, subframe connectors, lowering springs, ball joints, and tie rod ends.
Revalved Bilstein shocks.
EXTREMELY nice Trans Am GTA mesh wheels, newer rubber in the front, rears may or may not be replaced by time of sale. They're not bad, but definitely don't have the tread the fronts do.
Damn near new AC/Delco front brakes.
Newer brake lines all around

Body:
97K original miles
It has some spots, the doors have small surface rust in the bottoms as most third gens do, there's a SMALL ding or two, and the paint on the roof has seen better days, but could proably be buffed.
The car shines when it's clean. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Interior:
Fully restored red interior, ask anyone who's seen it, it's DAMN nice.
6 point weld in rollbar, with removable/swingout door bars.
Custom knurled shift knob
To be perfect, it'd need a headliner put in it. The carpet in the hatch area is slightly faded, but tolerable. Seats, and everything else, is perfect.

To give you an idea, with a 2.2 60', the car ran 13.1 @ 110MPH with a STOCK LS1 w/ 3.27 gears, on real street tires, and had a lot left in it then. This motor is FAR from a stock LS1.

He is looking for any trade that will net him at least $1500. His bracket car blew up and needs to get it back on the track so he doesn't lose his points.

pics:

l_1b7302451c75761329ddfa7b8d5b4f5d.jpg

006.jpg

l_197415fbedba08b5b50ca055fb190304.jpg

l_c831dfd8c2550cbe809259cf49c9ee83.jpg

l_268559f24b7b140a3fb61d6210193098.jpg

l_664d04b0b3d620f8ff655f0baab42fde.jpg

l_6317d78a7ca13c9e6132bd1106d9508a.jpg

gooddays.jpg

nnnn.jpg

more pics:

resizedroverside.jpg

passsideresize.jpg

passinside.jpg

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

driverdoorrust.jpg

passdoorrust.jpg

Contact me through pm if you are interest and i will get you his contact info.