FS - Like new TE45a

billsgn

Hard Member
Selling my low mileage, TE45a. Straight from Chopper at Limit Engineering, this turbo has been run for about 500 miles. Ive decided to go with something smaller, quite possibly one of the new BB turbo's which is why Im selling this one. Spools really nice, lots of power and with only 500 miles it is like new with no shaft play. If you want a very streetable, big shaft turbo that makes a ton of power, then this is the turbo for you.

This is a $1100 turbo that you can have for $750 obo shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Attachments

• TE45a 001.jpg
    TE45a 001.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 855
  • TE45a 002.jpg
    TE45a 002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 866
Could you work with $600 shipped to Clearfield,UT 85015? I don't mean to low ball you just trying to scrape up that amount for a new turbo to go faster like most people on this board...

,Dan

Could you work with $600 shipped to Clearfield,UT 85015? I don't mean to low ball you just trying to scrape up that amount for a new turbo to go faster like most people on this board...

,Dan

I appreciate the offer, however I think Im going to pass at this time.

Thanks, Bill

Sorry, I thought I had stated this in the original ad....

This turbo has a .82 exhaust housing.

Thanks, Bill

This turbo with the .82 housing is capable of pushing 135mph in the 1/4 according to Patrick at PTE and Bison. This turbo is for someone wanting to race and go fast. This turbo will breath very well and keep your backpressures at a very nice ratio when pushing high boost. I talked all this out with Patrick when I chose my new engines combo.

Bump for a great deal.

Coach

This turbo with the .82 housing is capable of pushing 135mph in the 1/4 according to Patrick at PTE and Bison. This turbo is for someone wanting to race and go fast. This turbo will breath very well and keep your backpressures at a very nice ratio when pushing high boost. I talked all this out with Patrick when I chose my new engines combo.

Bump for a great deal.

Coach

What kind of stall would it require? The 3200 in Bills sig?

How well will that work with 50's and a 3000 stall 10" converter? Has a built block, .030 over with ported/polished heads and a 210/210 roller.

This turbo makes a ton of power, but to be honest, you will need the right combo to make it work.

3200-3400 stall unless you talk to Dusty Bradford. He can build you a 2800 stall that would work. Other option is cubic inches. If you are running more displacement, less stall is needed.

High boost. Plan on running 25# or more as this is where the 45a will really come alive. This is a big shaft turbo and likes to be spun hard.

Bottom line is, this is an old school turbo with very low miles that makes a ton of power. Low 10's with the right combo.

Bill

PS...thanks Coach. ;)

How well will that work with 50's and a 3000 stall 10" converter? Has a built block, .030 over with ported/polished heads and a 210/210 roller.

not that great. i switched to a 3000 stall because the 9" 3500 i had in it was a little to rowdy for the highway. mine is to much of a pig now with a 3000 stall. drives great just spool up could be alot better! i think a 3200 to 3400 would be perfect with a TE45A on the street,and strip. thats probably my next change. sorry didnt mean to jack your thread. bump for a bad azz turbo and excellent price. i bought mine brand new and it costs dbl that!

not that great. i switched to a 3000 stall because the 9" 3500 i had in it was a little to rowdy for the highway. mine is to much of a pig now with a 3000 stall. drives great just spool up could be alot better! i think a 3200 to 3400 would be perfect with a TE45A on the street,and strip. thats probably my next change. sorry didnt mean to jack your thread. bump for a bad azz turbo and excellent price. i bought mine brand new and it costs dbl that!

I agree totally. I am building a 250ci stroker and a 3200 will work for me. If you are still 231, you would need a 3400 to be safe , but I have heard 3600 is awesome. I am looking at running 24-25psi with my unit, but I have talked to a few guys who run it at 28-30 and all they say is just hang on...

A .63 Garrett is going to make good low end power( I am building a street engine, so that is what I want), the .63 Presision is actually about .70 and is a little better on backpressures at higher boost, but the .82 and .85 are for flat out hauling azz...

:biggrin:

That may be a little more than i am looking for then. Thanks guys for the input.