FS...but will not ship

Soldier_GN

Seems like more and more members want to sell items locally...thats fine but you have to realize this is an internet board....local sales and pick up onlys limit your market....if thats your position why not advertise on CL and leave the boards alone...your showung other members somethung they can not have because there not local....i understand something crazy like a block etc etc etc...but most things can be shipped....youd like to get $$$ in your pocket with minimum effort on your end....just saying....

Rant over

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I advertise here because I'm a member and I support other members. Just because I say I will not ship does not mean someone not local to me can not have them, it simply means I will not ship them if they want to make arrangements to have a friend or another board member pick them up and ship them out fine by me. If they want to have a shipping company or private shipper ( uship.com ) pick them up and ship them out fine by me. I just did the same thing with a set of wheels, seller said will not ship but I wanted them so I found a way to have them shipped without inconvincing the seller. Just because I have something you want for sale does not mean I have to do all the leg work, if you want them find a way. What if I was handicap ? Should I only post parts for sale on CL because I can't physically ship them out to board members ?

Guess I just don't see what the big deal is about this. Again in my mind at least just because someone says will not ship that does not your excluded from the sale if your not local but that you need to arrange to have it picked up or delivered.

Living in the middle of the Pacific I can relate to both sides of this discussion. I once had an intercooler for sale in the Hawaii section for local pickup only. Why? Because the cost of shipping would drive the cost to a point where it would get no outside interest, unless I really wanted to take a dive on my bottom line or someone needed it really bad. The same shipping premium also applies to anything else going into or out of Hawaii, if it doesn't fit in a flat rate box. I realize the OP's post was probably intended for those living in the contiguous 48 but that leads me to my rant. How many times have you seen ads where shipping is limited to the "lower 48"? If you're wiling to box and ship in the first place why does it matter if I'm in Hawaii and not in the lower 48? I can understand if they included shipping in their price and did not account for the extra cost to ship it across the ocean, I totally get that. In those cases I usually ask for a shipped to Hawaii cost. But I've had idiots tell me they won't ship to me (regardless if I was willing to pay extra shipping) because Hawaii is not part of the contiguous 48. They tell me "didn't you read my ad"? like I'm the idiot. On top of that this was a small part that would fit in a flat rate box where the price is the same whether you're shipping it to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, or even in your own State for goodness sake! Unless I'm missing something here this kind of mentality makes absolutely no sense to me.

Ok, I feel better now :D

while were at it.........
my favorite ad , starts with " testing the water"
either you wanna sell it or you don't , list a price, and if no one responds, you obviously are to expensive!
I've bought stuff from an ad that stated "do not want to ship" I just figure what I'm willing to pay,
and make an offer, and allow for UPS to wrap and ship.

1984 T-Type
This post was not ment or directed towards you, but if the shoe fits....

My issue is that it seems more and more people want to sell items but want others to do the leg work so they can put $$$ in their pocket. I support TB, the vendors and other members also but apparently our definitions of support differ.

Example: you list an item, say you will not ship it. But you expect a board member to ask another board member or family to pick something up or even call a shipping company that will charge X2-X3 what it should to ship something, That's what i call support !!!

If you wan to sell local that's fine but don't expect everyone else to make something happen so you can benefit. If you sell something on the INTERNET (worldwide) board shipping should be an option. But apparently you expect others to work out logistics and you reap the benefits. If you care to sell locally why not use the local threads on the board, or even a local webpage like CL. That might fit you better, since shipping is a issue. Just seems somewhat selfish to inconvenience others for something YOUR SELLING.

Maybe the Mods need to make a selling local thread or a no shipping GFYS thread.

I have noticed over the years that things on ebay that do not want to ship hardly ever sell and keep getting relisted multiple times.The only time I will drive some distance is a killer deal or to pick up multiple items at a good deal.