FS: 1987 "T" Package Turbo Buick in WI

GNJimC

HTML:
Hello,

I had this car listed last fall and put it away for the winter. It is still put away but it is still for sale. Spring is around the corner I hope.

First off some history on the car. I traded for this car last July with a fellow board member from this site. Needless to say I got duped.

In the picture you can see this car "looks" just like a WE2 Grand National, only it is actually a WO2 package with the Y56 "T" package. It is an original LC2 powered car and the original paint color was black according to the codes. Interior was also grey. When this car was new someone must have wanted a car that looked just like a GN without the badges and also looked just like the WE4. Not sure why (maybe some one could explain).

Anyways, I was told it was a We2 i.e Grand National and you guessed it, I did not check the codes. I have delt with people on this board 1000 miles away on cars and did not have a problem. This clown is 10 min away from me.

I just want to be HONEST with everyone about the car.

Anyways, 121K miles on the car. I was told the motor was a new short block but "the paperwork was lost in a move". (should have ended the deal right there, I know) It was re-painted LAST winter (07/08) according to the guy I got it from and it is a 5 out of a 10. The car also has some bondo. (just being honest) It does have the G80 rear end and drives excellent. The brakes have been converted over and it has new tires. Mechanically the car is good and if someone is looking for a DRIVER quality TR or a car they can modify with out destroying an Original WE2 car, this is the one.

I have it listed for $8,000. Any questions PM me. Car is currently located in Sandwich IL, however I live in Beloit WI. At some point I will bring it back home but I would rather sell it first.

Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to be upfront with everyone. I can send more pictures to ithose with interest.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 002 (2).jpg
    Picture 002 (2).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,571
I believe that prior to the WE4 production run, they produced Turbo Ts that were black with the W02 option except they had chrome bumpers (rare car, from my understanding). This one may have had the bumpers painted black to resemble the GN.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

I believe that prior to the WE4 production run, they produced Turbo Ts that were black with the W02 option except they had chrome bumpers (rare car, from my understanding). This one may have had the bumpers painted black to resemble the GN.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

I did not know that. Thank you. Anyone know what option code I would have to have for that?

Thanks again.

New Price $7000

Plenty of cars on here for sale so I need to bump this to the front page. I will "bump" the price lower as well to $7000. I wont be able to show the car until after Sunday the 29th since we are still busy with "winter" sports until then.

More Pics

Here are a few more pictures.

New Price $6750. I want this car gone. I also noticed the rear main is leaking.

Again, just trying to be honest

Thanks

Attachments

• car 013.jpg
    car 013.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 824
  • car 012.jpg
    car 012.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 828
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 817
I'm sure somebody is looking for one of those rare wo2 black T regals.. According to Kirban he has only seen a few. This car you have was very rare from the factory, since they were discontinued early on to avoid confusion with the WE4.

Good Luck with the sale,Everyone here will appreciate your honesty!

I would think this should sell rather quickly!

I have had a slug of PM's and when I get time today I WILL respond to all of them. But I will answer some general ?'s here.

Good Luck with the sale,Everyone here will appreciate your honesty!

I would think this should sell rather quickly!

Thanks. If the previous owner whould have been honest with me in the first place it would have been appreciated. I probably would have still done the deal that we did but at slightly different terms. I had better luck buying cars 800 miles away than I have 10 miles away. This is why I am being honest about the car.

Please post pic of trunk label:)

I dont have one or I would. Last time I was at the farm I tried to take one and it did not turn out. I copied all of the RPO codes. According to gn/ttype site this was a black car to begin with. Not sure what code would show if this had chrome bumpers, or is the black out package mean black bumpers? WO2 package and the Y56 "T" package (not Turbo "T") and the LC2 engine package.

Is the car still in Sandwich?

You have a PM

Yes and I think you sent me a # and I will call later, thanks.
I'm sure somebody is looking for one of those rare wo2 black T regals.. According to Kirban he has only seen a few. This car you have was very rare from the factory, since they were discontinued early on to avoid confusion with the WE4.

Huh, maybe I should keep it? (just kidding). Also does not have cruise control, but had factory power seats and windows. It indeed may be rare and I thought of that. Makes me wonder why the dope would have GN'd this thing to begin with.

I'm not slamming Jim or his car, but don't expect too much here people. I looked at this car last year & when he says it's a 5 outa 10, that's about it. I kinda feel bad for him that he traded a true GN for this clone. It's got alot of mud & fiberglass.

I just plain walked away once I deciphered the codes and discovered all the body rot. He was nice to me & my friend, but got a little pissy when we told him it wasn't a Grand National. I'm thinking he didn't know until we told him?? or that we weren't fooled?? If someone wants a drag car or street driver TR, $6700 is an OK price for this car. Especially with the rare options it once had. It seems to run fine with no smoke or noises.:biggrin:

Car is sold.

Parked it outside a movie theater last night while fast and furious was playing.

Haha is that how you really sold it?
That movies is going to make our car's much more appreciated!!!:cool: