FS: 1985 Monte Carlo SS w/ 1987 Buick GN drivetrain

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
1985 Monte Carlo SS, yes, a real SS, not a clone with a clear title.

Engine: Buick Grand National Engine (3.8L Turbocharged) with only 8K miles on it. Bought the engine from a board member here 2.5 years ago. At that time it had 5K miles on the fresh rebuild. Motor runs very strong and does NOT burn any oil. Leaks a little bit of oil via the valve covers, not enough to even need to add fuel between oil changes.

Has a Turbonetics CPT61BB turbo that is less than 1 year old and less than 300 miles on it. (rough figure). Works perfectly fine, no shaft play, no smoke, practically new.

60lb High Z injectors, MSD wires, FT cold air intake (black powder coated), 3" full thottle downpipe (chrome ceramic coated). Dynomax race mufflers (car is NOT loud, but exhaust flows like crazy).

Tuning: MAFT PRO fuel / spark / boost management with Innovative LC-1. Have the AFRs set to 10.8 to be nice and safe tune. It is currently setup to that target AFR, so if its a little rich, it will automatically pull some fuel, if its a little lean it will automatically add some fuel. Also have a ScanMaster, and knock sensor with gauge.

Trans: BUILT Jimmy's transmission with billet internals and all the good stuff to handle 10s. (not a 10 second car BTW). 9.5" 3200 stall vigilante LOCKUP torque converter. Trans and converter cost me $2200 alone.

3" Aluminum Driveshaft custom built by Surge Friction

8.5" 10 Bolt POSI rear end with 3.42 Gears

Cross Drilled / Slotted Rotors up front with brand new calipers and HAWK brake pads.
Newer Drums / SHoes in the rear with newer wheel cylinders.

Suspension: Moog Coil springs all around (replaced last year) with Edlebrock IAS shocks (also done last year). Car rides very very nice and has no problems putting the power to the ground.

Car was painted about 7 years ago, then the front end was painted again. (to remove the red/purple flames that used to be on it, yes I have pictures)

The front nose has paint chipping in a couple places and has some stress marks in it... the nose is original.

Trunk has a small dent with the paint chipped on it. The paint is probably a 7.5/10, shines really nice when it's all cleaned up and draws attention. Still looks pretty good up close too.

Fuel System: Does not have a gas tank. Has a 15 or 16 Gallon Fuel Cell in the trunk with a Walbro inline pump mounted under the car. 1/2 inch feed line, 3/8 return.

Wheels are KMC "Hotwheel 68s" 17" black 5 spoke with chrome center cap and lip. Tires in back are Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials with about 50% or more life left on them. Fronts are some Kumhos.

I have more money than anyone would ever want to imagine in this car. Asking 10K.

Come see this car, I have nothing to hide. It's great, but I am getting older, married, probably going to have kids soon and I just don't need 2 cars anymore. Plus the economy isn't helping me either.

DSCF1656.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

DSCF1726.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

Sorry to see this up for sale I know how much this car means to you , bump for a very nice car

Cant edit my post, but noticed that I said "add fuel between oil changes"
I meant add oil between oil changes, LOL. WOW... this is upsetting me more than I thought, but I still need her gone.

ALSO... I AM ALSO CONSIDERING PARTING THE DRIVERTRAIN OUT, SO IF SOMEONE WANTS THE ROLLING CHASSIS, PLEASE PM ME OR EMAIL ME AN OFFER!

BODY IS IN GREAT SHAPE.

Sounds Like A Great Deal!have You Ran It,and What Was The Fastest Run?thanks!

I ran 12.5@110.5 with a 1.9 60'.

Was on a rich, base tune and I could have gotten better 60's if I had a line lock and didn't heat up the back brakes so much.

As it sits with a tune and a good launch it would run high 11s on 24PSI.

Someone spends the dough on some heads and a cam... much quicker.