Frustration (i Love These Cars)

AxL87GN

ASE Certified Nut
:eek: Well here goes another chapter in the unsolved mysteries section of Turbo buick lore.

:mad: I don't know what I did but I am guessing my no start problem was all a ground problem. It starts now after some figuring, some cussing, some swapping parts, you all know that story.

:( Now on to the second part, which was my original concern to begin with. The car runs sweet, idles great, no miss, it's just plain beautiful untiilllllllllll you put it in gear then it dies ,dead, touch the gas dead. My Snap-on scanner says no vacuum at egr. So being the ASE certified crazy person, I pulled the stupid hoses loose and no vacuum. I ordered a vacuum block a long time ago and its still on backorder. So to my point, there is no vacuum coming from my block at the egr port. There is vacuum for my brakes and f/p regulator. We had an old 87 Ford Ranger do this before and it was the diaphram bad in the egr. I would guess my question is (AM I ON TO SOMETHING?????). Just thought i would try for somones two cents. I will post a fix.

Thanks
Allan :eek:

I currently have my vacuum line to the egr plugged because I hate the soudn the egr makes when working, sounds just like a noisy piston. Car runs fine w/o it so you should continue looking.

Also just as a test at idle if you reach under the egr before its get hot and pull on the diaphram does the idle change? If so then its probly good.

Are you sure your pos bat cable isn't shorting somewhere when the engine shifts when you put it in drive??

FIXED <WELL NOT QUITE > FOUND PROBLEM THOUGH

Well after much frustration and searching wires, it seems that the previous owner had him some problems and just tied them up and left them for me. I found the problem in the wiring harness under the master cylinder(vacuum brake conversion). I noticed that the rod from the column rubs on the harness and makes it shift. When it moved the engineered wiring lost contact. Well problem solved.I think I should write a book on How To Really F*** Up A Turbo Regal. I think now that after all I have done to get this car ready for new sheet metal has been in vain. I believe I will sucumb to the rust demon. After all i found floor pans and rockers. I think they will end up telling me it can't be fixed. SO stay tuned for possible parts car.
Allan:(