front sway bar

Daledammit

My 86's is gone. I was told the stock regal bar is the same. I know everyone recommended a camaro bar but what year specific was it? I looked through energy suspensions stuff when I bought control arm bushings and couldn't find one. Any recommendations would be welcome. I don't plan on autocrossing but I do live on a curvy road that I can't enjoy now. Thanks in advance:confused:

I'm looking at a stock GN and N/A Regal sway bar on my shop floor right now. The GN sway bar is nearly twice as thick as the Regal.
They're not the same.

They are deffiantly different. I know a junk yard around here that had 2 of the big F-body (38mm) for $30.00 each. I bought one, he still has the other one. What part of AL. are you from? This yard is on the coast, close to the AL- MS line.

The GN, and any turbo Regal, had the sport suspension. It used a different sway bar than the standard suspension. The "shaft. stabilizer", is 32mm for the FE2 and FE3 suspensions, and only 25mm for the standard suspension. Not quite twice,but definitely bigger! And, since stiffness is proportional to the diameter squared, then squared again, the heavier bar is more than twice as stiff.

the hurst/olds and the 442 g bodys also have the big diameter bars incase theres one of them laying around you can get pieces off of.

A guy I know has the F-body bar and it seems to put the front end in a bigger bind.... I mean it fits, but it just doesn't seem right..
I think the length from the frame mount to the end links are a little different...
can't remember for sure what it was though:confused:

I live an hour north of Birmingham so let me see if I can find one local. If not I'll get back with you on that. Does anyone know if you need to use the stock brackets or the F-body brackets, mine are gone also and I don't want to have to make two trips.

I used my stock brackets with the 36mm hollow bar. I did however have to get the correct sized bushings though.

Thanks, I was gonna order some polyurethane ones from energy suspension but all I can find is a whole kit on their website. I just put control arm upper and lowers on mine so all I need is the sway bar bushings. BTW, I would recommend the heat shield Kirban sells for the control arm bushing by the downpipe, mine was falling apart it was so bad, the other side looked pretty good.