front sway bar install help

dfirefighter

I just purchased a 36mm front sway bar for my turbo regal and I want to be sure I install it correctly with the end links. does anyone have pics of this done so i can reference it? and anyone have some bolts to sell for the swaybar? thanks for any help.:cool:

You might have issues with the bolts pulling out so be alert.

The endlinks are to be loose so you can get the bar totally straight and flat and then don't over torque them, I believe 30psi was plenty in the books.

If I didnt just brake my camera I would send you some but...... Use the stock bushings from the 36mm or new replacements for it. Use the stock Regal bar brackets. Dont tighten the darn thing all the way up as tight as you can get it. This is why people pull the threads out of the frame. the bar should be able to rotate. Then get the endlinks put together and start the nut, may be a little hard but you can get it if you play with it. Tighten the endlinks with the car on the ground so you have about 1 1/4" of thread showing if you use MOOG endlinks. the rubber bushings should be just starting to mash with the car on the ground. Make sure you put some grease on the rubber bushings. You should have about 1/4 maybe up to 3/8" of space between the frame and the bar mounts. The bar bushings should be greased as well. If you are using polly bushings, make sure you use polly grease because regular grease with brake them down. The bar will not rotate easily if tightened properly but you can move it with very little force. Also, make sure you tighten to brackets evenly.

what is the dia. of the factory front bar, anyone know off the top of your head .thanks

Ron

thanks, I thought I bought a 36mm one years back and pulled this one out and it is 1.250" in dia., what would a 36mm be roughly in inches, I'm sure I got one, just have to find it, 36mm, would that be about 1 3/8 or so, more info I do need, thanks.

Ron

thanks, I thought I bought a 36mm one years back and pulled this one out and it is 1.250" in dia., what would a 36mm be roughly in inches, I'm sure I got one, just have to find it, 36mm, would that be about 1 3/8 or so, more info I do need, thanks.

Ron
36mm / 25.4 = 1.417"