Front spring which end is up?

sscamino

I took and replaced BJs,UCA ,LCA Bushings,and the spings are both put in differant. Which is right and do they get clocked?

I just finished putting in a set of front spring less than 10 mins ago lol . The top of the spring with have the tighter gap on the end . :)

Attachments

• IMG_0001_4.jpg
    IMG_0001_4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 53
not sure about that . are they the stock orig springs ? something in the manual about installing the GM ID tags furthest from the top . i went today to get my new springs compressed and steel strapped to help with install . I ask the guy there who has been doing it for 40 years if it would matter if the springs were installed upside down . he replied .."not really" .

On the stock lower control arms, there are 2 holes in the spring seat. The end of the spring should be between the 2 holes.

Springs , UCA and LCA are all stock. Both GM ID stickers were 3 from the top and both were clocked so the end of the spring was right between the inward drain holes.Just opposite ends up.The car is from california and Ive had it for 18 years,never wrecked or taken apart(original factory stickers on everything) and still has rubber insulators on frame were the springs go up into.Thanks for info and conformation guys,I had to be sure.