Front spring drop and Drop Spindle - yes or no

LukeC

{blackened to the end}
Hey ya'll - frame is back from PC and I'm about to start putting the suspension and brakes back on. Any recommendations on a front spring a spindle setup? I really like the lowered stance look all around. Also, I want to use the Baer SS4 setup all around and I would need 16" plus rims to fit the e-brakes in the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

CharlieF1 thank you, I missed the DSE one - that helped. Moving on.

Hey ya'll - frame is back from PC and I'm about to start putting the suspension and brakes back on. Any recommendations on a front spring a spindle setup? I really like the lowered stance look all around. Also, I want to use the Baer SS4 setup all around and I would need 16" plus rims to fit the e-brakes in the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

Luke
Luke,

If your interested in the DSE drop coil springs & shocks let us know, we will save you some money... Customer Mike Mahalik just took 2nd place in the SCCA championship with this same DSE set up! ;)

Let us know what you decide on the BAER SS4 brakes, we have templates to help make sure they will fit the wheels you choose plus we will also save you some cash on those as well.

Are you in Austin or Yankee land? You might want to change some info there. I'm a little more than 1 hour north of you on I-35. I will be going to the Texas Buick nationals at the end of march and they're closer to you than me if you want to meet up.;) BTW, I'm lead tech at Bold springs tire and lube in West if you need some suspension work.:D

Luke,

If your interested in the DSE drop coil springs & shocks let us know, we will save you some money... Customer Mike Mahalik just took 2nd place in the SCCA championship with this same DSE set up! ;)

Let us know what you decide on the BAER SS4 brakes, we have templates to help make sure they will fit the wheels you choose plus we will also save you some cash on those as well.
Scot - thank you I will be giving you a call to discuss some of the variables.

Luke

Are you in Austin or Yankee land? You might want to change some info there. I'm a little more than 1 hour north of you on I-35. I will be going to the Texas Buick nationals at the end of march and they're closer to you than me if you want to meet up.;) BTW, I'm lead tech at Bold springs tire and lube in West if you need some suspension work.:D
I'm in Austin, I tried to change the signature line - didn't take. I would be more than happy to meetup and get to know some other Buick owners. My GN is down to the frame.

I'm in Austin, I tried to change the signature line - didn't take. I would be more than happy to meetup and get to know some other Buick owners. My GN is down to the frame.
If your frame's out then you might want to bring it with you. We can weld some braces in that will help quite a bit. Just welding all the seams right and putting a pipe across the rear cross member will do wonders to the chassis.;)

Scot is a good man. I bought the DSE shocks and 2in drop springs from him. Gave me a good deal since they were off his old set up and shipped them fast. The ride is great and feels stiffer than stock. I did replace the rear with a stock spring. Since I didn't know if the DR would rub but I doesn't. Gives it a nice racked look. This summer I'm thinking about putting the 2in drop spring in the rear in.

I would advise against the drop spindles. Read the forum about them. Not needed. I was going to go the same route but went with the 2in drop springs. I saw a picture of a buick with a pretty good drop on the front he had used QA1 coil overs and tubular upper control arms coil over mount lower control, dropped it about 4in he claims, looked about right. I might go this route someday but I like mine now.

Scot is a good man. I bought the DSE shocks and 2in drop springs from him. Gave me a good deal since they were off his old set up and shipped them fast. The ride is great and feels stiffer than stock. I did replace the rear with a stock spring. Since I didn't know if the DR would rub but I doesn't. Gives it a nice racked look. This summer I'm thinking about putting the 2in drop spring in the rear in.

I would advise against the drop spindles. Read the forum about them. Not needed. I was going to go the same route but went with the 2in drop springs. I saw a picture of a buick with a pretty good drop on the front he had used QA1 coil overs and tubular upper control arms coil over mount lower control, dropped it about 4in he claims, looked about right. I might go this route someday but I like mine now.
Thank you, from what I have read as well, 2" drop springs is the way to go...you lose turning radius with the dropped spindles.