Front mount Intercoolers

Trannyman95

Hi guys, This isn't for a GN but I am looking for what guys have been running for front mounts on a build making 500-600whp. This is for our 97 Grand Prix and piping is 2.5". I have found a few that I like but seems the suppliers are very hard to get in contact with, I just want to order an intercooler and have support! I know there are lots of brands and varieties out there. On Codys 85 GN that I did the S2 3800 swap in he has the verticle style intercooler that was an Ebay listing from a long time ago which I believe is an old KB style intercooler though I could be wrong on that. It was cheap but suprising works very well and I set this build up to be almost the same as his. I am looking at the same style but opposite facing tanks (top and bottom respecitively). Treadstone offers one and is a TRV185 but has seemed to be an uphill battle to order so if anything else is out there similar to this I am all ears. I want to have this car track ready in one week as we would love to makes some runs in Norwalk next weekend on the 27th for the Buick meet. May not happen, but for 2 weeks I have battled trying to get an intercooler ordered. I have found a few similar to this style IC but no returned calls or emails. I looked on Precision and Turbonetics websites but did not seem they over something exactly like this style.

Thanks for any help and recommendations!

Dave

You definitely are dealing with a different animal there.
Height wise,I would say something along the lines of a CAS V2 [ no longer made].
It would probably involve reconfiguring the pipes on the cooler though.

I use the vibrant 850hp intercooler. Procharger 3 core is a good one in that design. I used the 2 core and my intake temps never really got over 105*.

Thanks. I looked up Cartech and the intercooler pic for the GN on their site looks like it would almost be a perfect fit and how I will be routing things- aside the piping will be a shooting straight over to the passenger side from the outlet instead of back under the radiator support. A bit more than I want to spend but I will keep my eyes open. I have to use the opposite facing end tanks like that style though and the drivers side will need a 90 like they have to point it straight down. Most universal conventional style intercoolers are too long due to the space I have to work with and where my charge pipe from the turbo comes down.