Front end rebuild - which control arms to get?

pmesfun

Hello,

I am trying to find out what parts to get when rebuilding my front end.

I already have Moog 5658 springs. I want to replace the front upper control arms but I can't find a definitive answer after searching on which ones to get. I have been looking at QA1 and Global West. The car has 109K miles and in 2008 the upper control arm bushings were replaced and lower ball joints. Would it be a good idea to replace the lower control arms also?

Here is the current stance of the car, the front springs are stock but the front sits really low and the springs are very soft. It has a raked look which I don't like. I was hoping the the new springs raises it about an 1.5 inches.

10348530_10207499970232384_4532307235992110217_n.jpg

1935053_10207510648619337_7553852649074627984_n.jpg

I'm replacing uppers and lowers and pretty much sold on UMI. Doing the stock replacement UMI kit for the back as well. Just my .02

I think I will go with the speedway control arms. I really wanted to get the others mentioned but can't justify spending that much for a car I don't really drive.

What ball joints did you pair them with?

Just get matching ones to the ones you used on the lowers when you replaced those. I think I used moogs top and bottom, standard heights. Great thing is the tops are a breeze compared to the pita lowers! And the Speedway arms will give you more space around the downpipe too.

Just remember to get 2 of the 1 sides' arms and then just flip it over. They are offset for circle track so you need to get 2 of the same offset. Maybe someone can chime in here as I don't remember which side to get 2 of. Or just search Speedway arms on here.

Thanks, I found its the passenger side to get since its 8 inches center to center. I went with Moog upper ball joints. Thanks again.

Have those Speedway arms been proven in a long term street car application?

They look a bit spindly.

Have those Speedway arms been proven in a long term street car application?

They look a bit spindly.
They'll be fine, just keep them greased. If they can hold up to dirt track racing the street is a treat for them.;) The stock uppers are much weaker than the speedway arms and can bend at the bend behind the ball joint.:eek:

UMI upper and lowers with the 5658 springs the car will sit perfect not to high or low just the way a GN should look the ride is perfect.

I'm right in the middle of a front suspension up grade with Global West uppers & lowers with Wilwood 6 piston calipers & 12" rotors . I'll start another thread with pictures when done , hopefully this week end .
Sam

I degreased the driver front wheel well area and I want to paint the section of frame rail and lower control arm black after taking everything off. Any suggestions on what paint to use that can be purchased locally?

This is what i have in my GN right now " I just got a set from speedway you have to buy two of part number 910-31134-R"
i haven't driven it yet but Paul says it's good to go SO it's good to go.
I think Charlie also gives them his blessing.