Front End Parts

Rugby

I will be rebuilding my front end in the next few months. I have a few questions about parts and whats worth it. I might autocross at some point but right now my plan is just for a good driver.

So I have priced out the Moog Parts for the Local Parts house. If is can spend a little more and get a better product I am going to do it.

How well do Delrin Bushing hold up to street use? Is there any bad side effects as opposed to using rubber. Poly is out because I dont want squeaks.

I am also looking at doing 1" Taller Ball Joints. Not sure if I can get these from Moog or some other manufacture. Haven't look to hard for the correct part number

The other parts I was thinking about putting upper control arms from Speedway Motors.

Not sure if I will be doing now or later but I am planing on s10 brake upgrade.

What is the inexpensive way with good parts would you go?

Brandon

I will be rebuilding my front end in the next few months. I have a few questions about parts and whats worth it. I might autocross at some point but right now my plan is just for a good driver.

So I have priced out the Moog Parts for the Local Parts house. If is can spend a little more and get a better product I am going to do it.

How well do Delrin Bushing hold up to street use? Is there any bad side effects as opposed to using rubber. Poly is out because I dont want squeaks.

I am also looking at doing 1" Taller Ball Joints. Not sure if I can get these from Moog or some other manufacture. Haven't look to hard for the correct part number

The other parts I was thinking about putting upper control arms from Speedway Motors.

Not sure if I will be doing now or later but I am planing on s10 brake upgrade.

What is the inexpensive way with good parts would you go?

Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I will try to answer some of your questions..... We will have a new suspension kit available shortly for these cars and it includes everything you need front & rear for only $2,500.. Very good choice for an entry level suspension!

How much are you wanting to spend on a car that handles that you might eventually Autocross? This is key so most people can point you in the right direction.... We recommend complete matching systems from one manufacture that you can build your suspension in steps...

How well do Delrin Bushing hold up to street use? Is there any bad side effects as opposed to using rubber.
Delrin is the Best option period! Delrin is infused with silicone so you will not get the squeaks and it is very durable.

On the taller ball joints those work well along with the proper upper & lower A-arms...

Hi Brandon,

I will try to answer some of your questions..... We will have a new suspension kit available shortly for these cars and it includes everything you need front & rear for only $2,500.. Very good choice for an entry level suspension!

How much are you wanting to spend on a car that handles that you might eventually Autocross? This is key so most people can point you in the right direction.... We recommend complete matching systems from one manufacture that you can build your suspension in steps...

Delrin is the Best option period! Delrin is infused with silicone so you will not get the squeaks and it is very durable.

On the taller ball joints those work well along with the proper upper & lower A-arms...

Just to give some insite...

I am swapping to a rust free body and most of my budget will be going into that with body work and paint.

Whats going through my head is the "While you are there"..... I want to rebuild the front end. Moog bushing from my local parts house is just under $300. This is just bushing and ball joints. If I can get better than factory for a little more money than I want to go that way. Thats why I was looking at the Speedway control arms.

I keep swimming on threads on upgrades but not sure in the right direction.

Would Delrin in a stock lower control arm make a huge difference? What about with the uppers that I am looking at?

If I am pissing in the wind until I can get the correct parts from Ridetech or Detroit Speed then I will just put stock replacements back in it for now.

Just to give some insite...

I am swapping to a rust free body and most of my budget will be going into that with body work and paint.

Whats going through my head is the "While you are there"..... I want to rebuild the front end. Moog bushing from my local parts house is just under $300. This is just bushing and ball joints. If I can get better than factory for a little more money than I want to go that way. Thats why I was looking at the Speedway control arms.

I keep swimming on threads on upgrades but not sure in the right direction.

Would Delrin in a stock lower control arm make a huge difference? What about with the uppers that I am looking at?

If I am pissing in the wind until I can get the correct parts from Ridetech or Detroit Speed then I will just put stock replacements back in it for now.
The "While you are there" is usually a great way to tackle that usually... On the speedway arms, those are not my recommendation due to the fact that they are meant for "off road use only" and you have to buy 2 of the same side and "flip" one of them over in order for them to work... Not a Fan !

Let me just mention what you get with a RideTech front suspension and then you decide if that's the route you want to go or not.....

RideTech's front "Tru-Turn" system eliminates bump steer to under .056 thousands through all 5" of suspension travel....
ALL their shocks carry a million mile warranty!

You get upper & lower A arms, Pre assembled with ball joints in lowers & Tall ball joints in uppers, Delrin Bushings upper & lower on both, Aluminum Tie rod adjusters....

The single adjustable coil overs are AWESOME! They have a great warranty and the ride is Not harsh one bit!

**** NOTE **** If you hold on awhile we will have a complete entry level suspension coming out that has all that included and Much More!

Just did all the bushings from moog on my car and Summit has them for about a 1/3 of what my commercial pricing cost was from the local suppliers. I don't plan on autocrossing the car so didn't worry about that aspect. Just wanted to freshen everything up.

There's a post in the how to section about rebuilding your suspension and I think it might help some. Not a lot of stock bushings used and the car handled really nice. Good2win22 used pretty much the same parts on his car it it was quite a bit better than stock and won't set you back that much.