front end car bras

turbojitsu85

Is there a company that make these for our cars? I'm sick of getting little paint chips from rocks in the front end.

I think WOLF or WOLFE, I have to dig my GN bra out of storage to have a look. I never use it.

size 38DD?

IMO, the little chips are ALOT easier to live with than the scratches in the paint from all the dirt, crap getting inside the bra and tearing up the paint!!!:eek: :eek:

I thought that the bra was made and designed to keep the bugs, dirt, dust and other road crap off of the front end of the car. Thanks for telling me that they do more damage than good before I found one. I think my car looks bad enough compared to the pictures I've seen of eveyone elses car. Not that it looks that bad I just feel that I keep screwing it up and making it look worse by driving it and owning it sometimes.

I second the 'more bad than good' notion of bras. Nextdoor neighbor in michigan ran a detail shop, and he said that unless you cleaned under them religiously and cleaned the bra itself, the trapped dirt in the bra would act like sandpaper on the paint.

Yeah, I bought one from these guys http://www.covercraft.com/ for my 86 MCSS I had back then and didn't use it very long. Besides getting stuff under it, I had a problem with it putting marks in the paint on the edges. It was well made but it would have done more damage than the occasional rock might have done, IMO.:(

David

My "new" GN already had the header panel repainted due to a bra put on it. I've still got it in the box, used of course. Pay for shipping and I'll GIVE it to you. I have never had it out of the box (came with the car) so I dont know if it's all there or if it's in good shape or not.

Thanks for the offer WakkoSS but if they do more bad than good I think I'll pass on the idea of a bra all together. Thanks for straightening me out ounce again guys.:D

I guess i disagree with most of the posts.I have had a bra on many cars i have owned over the years.IF THEY ARE USED AS INTENDED----they are great.Break them in as the manuf. recommends and they will be fine.I have had the bra on my corvette cruising at 130 mph on the way to the corvette museum with no flap what-so-ever.Do what they tell you to before puting it on and then put it on the first time RIGHT--and it will form properly.Just an opinion--but i have owned more bras than most people have owned cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff

I had one on my 84 Cutlass for almost 8 years. Never had a problem with scratches. Put down a heavy coat of wax before.

Mine had rigid deflectors above the grill, not loose flappy ones like LeBra uses. Had a ton of velcro and bendy tabs to secure it. Did not flap.

Had very soft cotton backing.

The problem is water retention. The very center tip of my hood rusted out and the only thing I could think of was the bra holding water.

They say to take them off if you are going to wash the car so how can you keep them on in the rain?

Ok for occasional trip or better yet use to hide the chips when parked/showing/cruising :D

I used mine on some trips with no ill effects UNTIL things started to stretch/wear/tear. Now it is very difficult to install without flapping on the hwy. Not the bra's fault.

I still put it on once in a while because of the bad paint, cracked/missing fillers, and cracked fiberglass. I dont leave it on anymore.

Shawn

I beleive we bought ours from Poston and I have never had any scratches. You need to do like the gentleman with the corvette said, make sure it's secure and no flapping. It saves a lot of picking bug goo out of the grill and stone chips on the front bumper. But we always make sure our surface is 100% before putting it on. You're just asking for trouble if it's loose and applied to a dirty surface. It needs to be snug, secure and free of any dirt on the car or the bra. Again just our own personal experience.

alternative to bra

I have seen some clear plastic shielding that is stuck on to the front areas that see chip action. It's not supposed to yellow. It was installed by a professional detailer. I thought it was a nice idea. Even if it lasts for 3 years, if you drive on the highway alot it would help.