front cover

turbobose13

I put a high volume front cover on my gn and i got no oil pressure, i need some help, someone please help.

did you pack the gears with petroleum jelly?
if not you can try the drill and old distributor shaft method.

you should to "prime" the engine before firing it up.

my hv cover had a oil passage 100% blocked, i had to clean it up alot. i hope you checked all yours.

Yeah these things arent ready to go right out of the box.. they need a lot of prep.
If you didnt pack it with Vaseline you can take the outlet line for the oil cooler pour oil in there slowly until it over flows to prime her up.
Even with a small funnel its a little messy, but it works.
Or you can use an old but clean gear oil container w/ cone top filler too.

I had 80 pound's of oil pressure and then it went to zero, the gear shaft was real hard to turn with a screwdiver, i don't no what to do, help

Very basic answer...

The clearance between gear and housing maybe too tight.
They sell different thickness gaskets to set the right height.
Did you check these top and side clearances?
You need a feeler gauge set.
BUT if you took a short cut and just assembled, and packed the assembly you should have tried to turn the shaft with your fingers slightly back and forth to check for ease of movement. You might just be ableto use a thicker pump/gear hsg gasket.
But its alot easier to set off the car then on the car so short cuts have a way of turning in to long journeys..

I bought a front cover from poston's and the cam sensor would not line up so i called them up and the tech said they have had a few call's on them, I put it all together and this happened i was pis- well you no what i mean, so they are going to send me a new one.

mine had a oil passage 100% blocked off also. it needed alot of work before it was up to par.