Front brake upgrades?

1Badelky

As you may remember, I'm in the process of installing PBR rear brakes on my car. The plates are in the mail right now.

anyway, I need to upgrade my front brakes to balance out the 12 inch rotors out back. I have spent many hours researching rear brakes, but I don't know much about the front brakes.

other than the b-body tall spindle brakes, what are my options? I prefer to use GM wear parts, this is why I am using Camaro brakes in the rear. (that and I'm on a tight budget.)

alrite, I decided on LS1 front brakes.

instead of machining the g-body rotor down to a hub, I thought about using 98-up blazer spindles because they already have a divorced hub and rotor like ls1 f-bodies. the problem is that the bearings are not serviceable, and discontinued.

so can I swap a divorced style hub with serviceable bearings onto my spindles (or even blazer spindles)? is there sucha a thing?

The taller spindles make such a difference in the way the car drives and handles. Mandatory IMHO. :biggrin:

Picture071.jpg

2006 ZO6 front rotor and caliper mounted to 2000 chevy 2x4 blazer. The blazer MUST come with the dual piston caliper (blazer caliper not used).

alrite, I decided on LS1 front brakes.

instead of machining the g-body rotor down to a hub, I thought about using 98-up blazer spindles because they already have a divorced hub and rotor like ls1 f-bodies. the problem is that the bearings are not serviceable, and discontinued.

so can I swap a divorced style hub with serviceable bearings onto my spindles (or even blazer spindles)? is there sucha a thing?

Those hub assemblies are available from SKF and carry a lifetime warranty...SKF # BR930497, spendy they are, but you will only do them once.....