DSCN1945.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 635
  • DSCN1947.jpg
    DSCN1947.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 633
  • DSCN1948.jpg
    DSCN1948.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 626
Why, is that small block faster or did you have problems with the original motor:confused:

Kevin

I was thinking the samething....I wish u were in my state so we could race my 500+HP on 17psi VS yours and u would've never did that transplant....Oh if u woulda won I would just turn up the WICK!! AND U JUST LOWERED THE VALUE OF YOUR CAR DANG!!!

we sir are no longer friends! alright, whatever makes you happy man. didnt chrysler make a 383 too?

If youre a car value type of guy my matching numbers 66 vette is appraised at 110k so please dont worry about my GN's value which was near nothing with the v6 if it were even mint in a bubble.

I swapped due to having two v6's incorrectly built both failing in identical ways from two different builders, it was tunned at cottons performance and did a serious couple of runs with serious power there after oil pressure dropping to 10psi so i had hd enough and bought a waranteed engine...

Im not a racer i just want a fun weekend car.

If youre a car value type of guy my matching numbers 66 vette is appraised at 110k so please dont worry about my GN's value which was near nothing with the v6 if it were even mint in a bubble.

I swapped due to having two v6's incorrectly built both failing in identical ways from two different builders, it was tunned at cottons performance and did a serious couple of runs with serious power there after oil pressure dropping to 10psi so i had hd enough and bought a waranteed engine...

Im not a racer i just want a fun weekend car.

hey nice underhood picture but hey whatever floats your boat. i got to tell you though just cause you swapped to a crate motor and a 900 hp tranny doesnt mean you got away from the agony of blown drivetrains. that tranny and motor could blow just pulling out from a light. lifes a bich!!! then you spend more

This could end up fun. I have to say not for me . I dont know about you guys but a low miles mint in a bubble GN would be worth 30k put theat engine in it and it would be worht 8k makes no since to me . Besides that its not about the money its the fact that you just took what made the GN diffrent and to be honest made tha car what it was in to a comon cookie cutter led sled as my wife likes to call the 80s cars. If your going to do somthin li9ke this to it at least use a new power plant from a vet or something not just a 383 with a carb it looks just the engine in my old burb nothing special about it at all

it's your car! do what you will! Have a GNX and wanna put a twin turbo Big block in it? Your car! Go for it.

Looks clean man. Good work.

That looks like a helluva engine you had in it before. I don't think a V8 swap was a bad idea as long as the original V6 could be put back in. I would have gone LS, but that is just me.

Still a nice job but I would have done a Monte SS because nobody expects them to be fast:eek:I like the sneaky approach:rolleyes:Either way nice and clean install

Kevin

Hi there. Nice build. I have a 1978 El Camino with a 383 stroker. I notice your compressor and alternator are opposite to mine . Could you direct me to what route to take to do the same. Makes things look nice and tidy. Thanks

Blasphemy! Will say it takes big ones to come on here and show us this.:biggrin: Looks like you did a nice job though. As previously stated an LS swap might be easier to accept especially if it was turbocharged but it is your car and if you are happy, that is all that counts. Just be prepared for the feedback ecountered at shows and cruises. AND here of course.

Why in the hell does anyone mess with SBC stuff anymore... LSX is where it's at! More power, less dollars...

If my turbo 6 ever craps out bad, I'll just swap over to a 5.3 lsx! Wont be N/A though...

Do what you want with it, but I'd like to see a procharger or a turbo setup.

Why in the hell does anyone mess with SBC stuff anymore... LSX is where it's at! More power, less dollars...

Because sbc's are still cheap to build for good power, plus on some vehicles you have to hack them up for an LSX as opposed to a sbc which just drops right on in. True though LSX is more advanced than sbc but I personally couldn't see myself hacking the hell out of my Nova or my dad's 1st gen camaro just for an LSX swap if you know what I mean.