Friday night street racing videos - GT35/40 FD, T04R MKIV, TT 88 5.0, 03 Cobra

kenny

No turbo, no care.
Main race of the night, was setup a week before hand. 03 Cobra has 4.10's, exhaust, pulley and a chip, has gone 12.0x@118, FD has a pineapple motor, GT35/40 and a ton of other crap. It's gone 12.1@125 on low boost, street tires and with a slipping clutch... much faster now.

Anyway, race was from a 10 roll (no idea why), camera is in the FD, as you can hear, blows 3rd gear out of it. Probably not work safe, he says some choice words.

03 Cobra vs. FD

Second race was after we got back to the hangout, my friend's 88 Mustang GT with a stock short block, trick flow heads and an Incon kit vs. the same 03 Cobra.

Cobra gets out due to Mustang blowing the tires off (car makes 549rwhp and 590ft lbs on 12psi :cool: ).

03 Cobra vs. 88 Mustang GT

Third was when we were out for the Cobra/Mustang race, one of the other chase cars was a MKIV with a T04R, fresh off the dyno (which belongs to the owner of the 88 GT) made 566rwhp and I THINK ~480 ft lbs. This was on 22psi, due to the spring in the wastegate. The kit just went on two weeks ago, so just starting to tune it, he was using the lightest spring he had.

Race was vs. the same 03 Cobra, again. We tried to get the Mustang and Supra to go at it, but no luck. :(

03 Cobra vs. MKIV

I don't think you can see us in any of the vids... we are the other chase car, my buddies 87 GN.

that Supra smoked the Stang big time.

I have come to the conclusion that in car filming racing the vehicle next to you just doesn't really give the same perspective as someone sitting on the side of the road with a camera watching them either launch or fly by at the finish line.

-GNX7

Plus street racing is plain stupid..... desp;ite getting yer ass handed to you every time. :rolleyes:

he should ahve ran that supra from a stop those cars are beasts top end but low end they aren't too much to brag about and especially since that cobra had 4.10's in the rear.