Fresh tranny & TC + TA49 & 25# = 4.6 embarrassment!

Betty

I recently had my tranny rebuilt with a new PTC 10" L/U 2,800 stall, I've been cruising around town for days getting a feel for the way the Buick drives and shifts. I'm loving the way the tranny shifts and chirps 2nd gear with no effort. Thanks to Michael (JD's tranny guy) and Dusty!
So after driving the car and getting accustomed to the new way it performs (no more D5), I drive over to a friend's house and on the way home, I catch the stop sign before leaving the neighborhood. A 1999-2004 4.6 Mustang gets the go ahead first. He has Magnaflow exhaust (as I found out later) and the car sounds very nice. He turns left out of the neighborhood, which is exactly the same way I am going home. He lays on it and I decide to downshift and floor it, laying rubber and catching up with him. I followed him for a few blocks, which I'm sure he was wondering what had caught him and was close behind. As luck would have it this night, we both made a left turn. He in the left lane and the "White Grannymobile" in the center lane. He sees me approaching his right front fender and nails it.
Now here's the interesting part from my perspective. I had a 2001 Bullitt with 4.30 gear and exhaust and thought it moved out pretty decent as well as having 5.0 Mustangs with heads, intakes and cams. So...I thought it might be close? WoW was I wrong, when I floored it, I thought he was standing still. It wasn't even a race. It was over before it began! I blew by him like he was in a Honda Civic!!!
I meet him at the next light (same lanes as before) and look over at him and he won't even look at me. I start chatting with him about how his car sounds nice and find out his mods (gear and exhaust), but he never asked me what my car was. I'm sure he was feeling very humiliated after the Spanking he had just received by a White Buick! I will definitely say that this car is Much faster than I thought it would be, especially since the new tranny/convertor. It is a total blast to drive and most people don't even look twice at the T Type with the nice rumble and very humble appearance. Too bad they have no clue that it's running 25# on a TA49. Oh by-the-way, still on Cooper Cobras. Now it's time to get the drag radials installed on the 8.5 inch Vectors!!!
I'm sure more kills to follow...

Thats like picking on the special eds at school!! ;)
Hey, I resemble that remark since I work in the education system! LoL
I do agree, at least what I see nowadays, common sense is lacking and motivation is even worse. OK getting off soapbox now.
Didn't realize how anemic the older 4.6 Fords were, until last night!!! A Cobra with healthy exhaust was going the other direction as well last night. Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet and greet.