fresh rebuild slipping

brohr01

Well, i just had my 2004r rebuilt locally and also got a PTC 3000 stall non lockup converter for it. put everything in today and first gear is perfect but the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts are very soft, slow and flair pretty bad. quick rundown of what was put into this trans...red eagle clutches, wide band, boost valve, billet servo, and non-lockup valve and mods. if i get on from a stop first hooks up excellent and it will shift to 2nd the rpms will shoot up like 2nd is slipping really bad and then shift right into 3rd. that 2-3 shift will have horrible flair and it also seems to slip a good amount. i also noticed while on the highway in 4th gear im at just over 4000rpm, this seems high even for a non-lockup converter. fluid level is right at the full mark when the trans is at temp. I know i need to put a pressure gauge on it for a good idea of what is happening, but can you all give me some possible ideas at to what is going on here. I will be taking the car back to the builder over the next couple of days but i would like to have some information to give to him. Is it possible that the non-lockup mods were not done correctly and it is dumping pressure? or ive also read about incorrect servo pin length causing the band to not apply fully. the TV cable is adjusted properly.

Thanks,
Bryan

What happens when you tighten the adjustment on the T.V. cable?

by tighten you mean pull the cable towards the firewall? and if i do that wont it just adjust forward again the first time i go wide open on the throttle? Ill go give it a shot real quick.

Update, I adjusted the cable and the trans still feels the same.

Will need pump pressures. Something is drastically wrong. I assume you did get your original BRF trans back from the rebuilder. Could be a problem in the pump, pin on the intermediate servo is not aligned right on the band, large leak in the intermediate servo. 4000 rpm at what speed? Are you sure it's shifting into O.D. ?

Will need pump pressures. Something is drastically wrong. I assume you did get your original BRF trans back from the rebuilder. Could be a problem in the pump, pin on the intermediate servo is not aligned right on the band, large leak in the intermediate servo. 4000 rpm at what speed? Are you sure it's shifting into O.D. ?

Yes i made sure i got the same tranny and valve body back. i was cruising at around 75mph and im not exactly sure where my rpms were at but i remember looking down and noticing that the rpms seemed much higher than before. I counted 4 shifts with the shifter in OD and 3 in D.