FreeDos with DS...

Blacktop87

Sorry if this is posted in wrong place....Just wanted to see if anyone else is actually using this instead on Win98 or 95. I have it loaded on my computer and I had the DS actually working. Just trying to see if I can actually save the runs that I'm doing. I saw that someone was selling a bootable Flash drive, but no need since I have it installed on my formatted laptop. Anyone else done this yet, search but found nothing else on FreeDos.

Well it works great....found out that my scanmaster and DS reading was off by .02 for the TPS setting. When it was warmed up it was just at .46 on my DS and .44 on SM...so I changed it .40 on scanmaster and .42 on DS, not sure which one is actually correct but it did Idle better going with the reading on the DS. IAS count was still around 28. I can save files also but I had to use the A drive onto a floppy...not sure yet if I can get it to save to USB or on the hard drive itself.

What format is the hard drive? Should be able to save to C: if it is pre-FAT32 for sure. Newer freedos may even support FAT-32 and/or NTFS.

Well I had the HD formatted to Fat32, the install actually formatted it before isntalling FreeDOS. It had XP on it but that's gone now, I mainly wanted to try it cause I think it had a virus on it. So I think I might try to partition the HD later on, but since I don't use the Laptop that much ( I have a newer one with Vista Ultimate) I really don't need to change it out.

Just an easier way to get DS working rather than get an old laptop and use Win9x on it and have to format it blah blah blah. I'm glad it works now

Actually I check this site out and looked at a smiliar idea. I put it on a CD and just run it off of that. FreeDos loads it right up no problems.