Freddie Brown transmissions

49-blues

Has anyone on here use one of his AOD trans with electric transbrake - suppose to handle 900 hp?

Never heard of him. Website?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I wouldn't take a chance……stay with one of the proven vendors who specialize in the 200-4r. ;)
You can't go wrong with either Lonnie Diers (Extreme Automatics), David Husek (Turbo Buick Performance Transmissions) or Jimmy's High Performance Transmissions.
Just my 2cents.

Not Freddie Brown, but a Lentech street / strip AOD with a non-lock up converter. I think it was Lenny that originally built the AOD for performance, designed the electric brake and did a lot of the research and development. The AOD is a stout unit when built correctly, a buddy of mine is running a Lentech's AOD behind a Buick 3.8 Turbo in his 66 Chevy Nova, it's never skipped a beat and it's gone 9.3xx with it. It was one of Lenny's first units with the electric brake. Do you want to run one behind a Buick??? Lentech is local to me

Freddie brown transmissions is in Brooklyn or Long Island , ny- he has transmissions that will handle up to 2700 hp, it's a AOD trans with transbrake and I'm thinking about using one behind my stage , mainly cause I heard he has a good rep and is within driving distance to me so shipping won't be a problem. I already have a level10 built 200r4 and a level10 built t-350 but I don't think they ll handle the 1000 hp stage 2 motor.

It's called a "4STB" pro street strip 3 speed manual with transbrake and electric overdrive rated at 900 HP in a 3500 lb car- about $2800.- fbperformance.com they are in bay shore Long Island exit 41 off southern state.

We have the best 200r4 builders on here, why would you spend $$$$$ with a newb :rolleyes: How many low 9 second 200r4s in a Buick has this guy done to even get you to consider this:rolleyes:

I wouldn't call Freddy Brown a newb. He is not as well known on this site as CK or David Husek, but I heard many good things about him. I inherited a 700R4 built by him for my Chevelle build and dropped it off to him for a little TLC.

We shall see.

Don't take it the wrong way, I am not saying he is no good. What I am saying is the guys we have on here specialize in our cars and know them better than others, that's all. These are not V8 s and the tranny and converters are specific to these cars, that's all I meant. Of course I support those who support me:D

I have a built 200 from Freddy in my mid eleven Gn for over 8 years and still shifts hard as the day I installed it.... he built my turbo 400 in my 69 camaro 454 with 300 shot fogger that was also bullet proof.... not saying ck, Lonny diers or whomever can't build a great trans... just speaking from my experience.. around here we call him fast Freddy brown..... cause his cars rip!!!

I'm sure all the vendors on this board are very knowledgeable and reputable people and would give you great sound advise. Nick Mcale, who I knew nothing about when I was researching a motor ended up building my motor for me. He did a long block for me that cost me $20K. I could have gone anywhere. I had the money to go anywhere, but I chose him. I chose Nick because he is very, very knowledgeable with the T/A aluminum motors, not because he's a vendor on this site. He came widely recommended from people other then this site which is why I contracted with Nick to build my motor. In fact, I got his name from someone other then turbobuick.com when I was researching a motor. I had never even heard of turbobuick.com until March of 13. Now, my point is, when doing anything, research is of major importance and do diligence is a must. And, that being said I,m certain that there are vendors out there, who are not part of this board/site, who are as equally qualified and knowledgeable as vendors who are part of this site. For example, the person that does all the work on my GN, Dale Cherry, who owns Injection Connection is not a vendor on this board/site but is probably the most knowledgeable person I personally know and/or heard of or read about who works on GN's and other forced induction motors www.injection-connection.com. I don't let anyone except Dale to work on my car. I wouldn't let them. There are a couple of other shops in this area and south Jersey with dyno's other then Dale's but know one even remotely as knowledgeable as Dale. It's nice to support the vendors here but don't be afraid to expand your horizons. Who now's, you might learn something new.....

The opposite view of that is, the board costs money and sponsors provide revenue to keep the board up and running.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Good points from all, however the reason I like to support Buick vendors is there just aren't many out there.:( Look at the older Buick crowd, they have even fewer vendors. Heck I can buy SBC parts anywhere at any time of the day, but that is too easy:confused: It just boils down to choices

I'm sure all the vendors on this board are very knowledgeable and reputable people and would give you great sound advise. Nick Mcale, who I knew nothing about when I was researching a motor ended up building my motor for me. He did a long block for me that cost me $20K. I could have gone anywhere. I had the money to go anywhere, but I chose him. I chose Nick because he is very, very knowledgeable with the T/A aluminum motors, not because he's a vendor on this site. He came widely recommended from people other then this site which is why I contracted with Nick to build my motor. In fact, I got his name from someone other then turbobuick.com when I was researching a motor. I had never even heard of turbobuick.com until March of 13. Now, my point is, when doing anything, research is of major importance and do diligence is a must. And, that being said I,m certain that there are vendors out there, who are not part of this board/site, who are as equally qualified and knowledgeable as vendors who are part of this site. For example, the person that does all the work on my GN, Dale Cherry, who owns Injection Connection is not a vendor on this board/site but is probably the most knowledgeable person I personally know and/or heard of or read about who works on GN's and other forced induction motors www.injection-connection.com. I don't let anyone except Dale to work on my car. I wouldn't let them. There are a couple of other shops in this area and south Jersey with dyno's other then Dale's but know one even remotely as knowledgeable as Dale. It's nice to support the vendors here but don't be afraid to expand your horizons. Who now's, you might learn something new.....
Very true.... my transmissions are bullet proof. Dale cherry also used an fb performance trans.... and if its good enough on his car (1500 whp) then its good enough for me lol..... but I do believe strongly in supporting vendors as much as possible... but not at the cost of reliability... don't like building twice..... but I will say most if not all vendors here are more then capable from what I've heard and my experience with some

Sometimes you have to make a decision on what's convienent for building and servicing an item especially big ones like transmissions and motors, there are a lot of great mechanical experts on here but I don't particularly care for paying the extra expense of shipping large items all over the country and take a chance of being lost or damaged. I lost enough money on these cars over the years and can't take any more financial hits,so I prefer to drop off and pick up my parts in person so I know it's always been in good hands and never have to hear someone's excuse how it got lost or damaged. If I lived closer to some of the others vendors my choices maybe different. I appreciate all the input- thanks!

Freddie is a thief and a liar. He screwed alot of people on Long Island, me being one one of them. The only person I trust on Long Island is Husek. Otto also built me one and kicked but as well.