Francis

DFAST1TTYPE

"owner atomic launch car"
Here I sit, with hurricane Francis blowing outside, bored to hell. According to the forecast it will be another 24 to 36 hrs of this sh…. Hope you are all safe!

:(

i hear you, bored here too. on vacation and supposed to leave last night. dont look good. damn i miss new jersey.:D

Ya Francis sucks.

Hope everyone is safe out there. Conditions should start to improve tomorrow in the afternoon.

Made it through OK. Hope everyone else did. We will not take the shudders down until we know where Ivan is heading.

Hope to be racing soon!

:cool:

ok here, just got power back.cant get a flight tl wenseday. im getting the hell out of here before that fuc$er ivan gets here though.damn i miss new jersey.:mad: :D

I know, this sux !!! I just sold my GN this weekend, and the guy who bought it came from the Tampa area on early Saturday afternoon, instead of today (Labor Day). I am glad because the car could have been damaged by that bee-yatch Frances.
I will miss the car. Tom

I'm still without power. Haven't had it since noon on saturday, and fpl is saying I won't have it until friday!! :mad: It could have been worse, but I have to get up, take a freaking cold shower, shave in the dark, no hot food, no TV, it's 85* inside the house. This isn't fun.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
I'm still without power. Haven't had it since noon on saturday, and fpl is saying I won't have it until friday!! :mad: It could have been worse, but I have to get up, take a freaking cold shower, shave in the dark, no hot food, no TV, it's 85* inside the house. This isn't fun.

Let us know if you need anything.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK

yeah, samething is going on for me, we just got power back though. I am supposed to be starting Fire Academy Monday, but I don't know what Ivan has planned for that.

I got power back yesterday at about 4pm. Looks like ivan is going to get us though. I'm heading to indiana for my 15 year reunion today. Hope I have a house to come back to. I'm supposed to come back on monday, but it looks like that may not happen.

Brad, you might be the lucky one being out of Florida while we get pummelled again. Monday return is probably not the best idea, I would extend my trip a few days and enjoy it in Indiana. I'm still cleaning up all the yard crap and here comes Ivan the Terrible. I think a little prayer is needed.

How did you weather the storm shev? Any major damage? I've been complaining about no power, taking cold showers, and it being 85-90* in my house, but I know palm beach got hit pretty bad.

I probably will stay in Indy if it is headed this way.

What's up Shev, I hope the rest of the family are OK?
The old neighborhood looks pretty rough, your pop's place looked OK overall other than maybe the lack of power. We just got our's back last night.

Anybody hear anything out of Louie, Cal or anyone from the North end, it looked pretty bad up that way.

Hey Fellas!!! I weathered the storm pretty okay, can't say the same for my fence and roof shingles though, but all in all as long as we have our health and strength and some sanity we can repair and rebuild and make the best of a shi**y situation. We lost power for quite a few days as well and Mike I see just got back his power and the phones have been intermittent. There are folks here in my office that still have not gotten back power and I know that at Dave's shop he has no power there either. Well from the looks of the forecasts, it appreas that for now Ivan is taking a westerly course brushing along the Gulf Coast and we might be mostly in the clear of the worst winds and rain. Lets keep those prayers going.

IVAN , Go Away

I'm in Sarasota county. Really lucked out twice. Punta Gorda is about 30 miles from me. Arcadia about 16. I really feel lucky after seeing all the damage and destruction. I met a couple in their 80's who lost everything...mobile home and both cars. They lived in a park with 480 trailers. Only 20 were left.
IVAN is going to leave us all alone. Guardian angels are all over Florida , ask them for help.

GOOD LUCK to everyone this weekend/next week.

Originally posted by Phatman
Anybody hear anything out of Louie, Cal or anyone from the North end, it looked pretty bad up that way.

I lost a few shingles, and my oak tree took out my privacy fence, but the biggest PITA is the fact that I am still without power for over a week now. FPL say's I will get it back before the 18th :mad:

Originally posted by HighPSI
I lost a few shingles, and my oak tree took out my privacy fence, but the biggest PITA is the fact that I am still without power for over a week now. FPL say's I will get it back before the 18th :mad:

I feel for you, five days for us, it felt like five months...

Damage sounds familiar, pretty much what we saw down here. I think FPL and Waste Management should busy for a while.

From what I see on the Weather Channel God bless anyone that ends up in Ivans path, 165mph eyewall winds, barometric pressure at 913, I don't see how it would be able to maintain that strength for any extended period of time, that's just insane.

Originally posted by HighPSI

Cal give me a call.

Thanks
Jesse

I will Jesse.

BTW: If anyone knows where I can buy a BIG generator (13000 or higher), please let me know. I'll take one new or used. Jake Lamotta (Lamotta Performance) loaned me his 8000 watt generator until Monday. After that, I'm back to my 5000 watt that I take to the track.