Frame Brace's

Seem easy enough to make. Give it a shot.

I don't think it would provide much benefit with-out some triangulation.

~JM~

The under the radiator bracket that many of our vendors sell just go across the bottom as well. I have one in fact. I believe it makes a difference when I compare my car to other I have ridden in that don't have one.

Seems to me that the bumper's do the same job as long as they are metal and not fiberglass!
Chris

Well... I found this site about a year ago and since I had some 1" square tube in stock and a strange fixation to brace everything I can on my car, I built these and installed them.

My antidotal experience told me that the car felt stiffer and more tied together.

To 6ToGo's point it seems like it wouldn't add much more than the bumper but between this location on the frame there are fluid filled shocks bolted to the frame and the other end bolted to the bumper. Each bolted joint is a place for slipping to occur.

I have no scientific data to back up my feel in the seat but I am glad I did it. :smile:

I actually have the rear brace. It is a real nice piece. I bought it awhile ago and its still straight :) I can't actually comment on its benefit though.
Is this guy still making them? The website was 2003.

It says he is out of the business of making them and i do get the point of the bumper shocks but i am going to eliminate them and do hard mounts! I am all for what ever i can do to stiffen the frame though!
Chris

I used 3/4 inch EMT and made braces for the front frame to core support ,top fender to core support, and behind the rear seat for about $25. The bolts and washers were the most cost. Made a very positive recognizable difference.

I did the same. back seat and fender to core suppourt with 1/2" EMT. GP bar in the front and 1" square tube brace in the back.

I have 5 sets of core support to fender braces i made for sale. not sure if they fit turbo buicks though. :cool:

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

101_0484.jpg

101_0820.jpg