FP with 50's?

TurboBuickSix

Ok,I did a search but no dice.I have 50#msd's and a TE44.Where ABOUT should I have my FP at to start.Right now it is at 43psi line off and it is pretty rich.I know I need to lower it ,but how much?I don't want to lean it out too much. I do have Tlink right now and want to dial this thing in.I am running Jay Carters street chip also if that matters.

that should be about right....generally, the chip maker will recommend a starting point

Yes and as it climbs in RPM.I was using the Tlink,and yes I'm new to it.I have a couple of files I could send if you have the prog.This is the earlier version that I have.

how far did you run at WOT? Thru 3rd gear?

if so, turn your pressure down a lb or so and try again....and so forth, until you get what you want....but always look at the 02's at the same place and at WOT

I also can't build any boost past 3psi at the line and when I let it go it lags but when it does kick in it pulls hard.I had no knock at all except when the o2's went over 9 for a frame.Knock was .2 .

Dave, To Woody's point, are you running the car fully up through third gear (consistent heavy load) when you get these readings?

Originally posted by Zero Tolerance
Dave, To Woody's point, are you running the car fully up through third gear (consistent heavy load) when you get these readings?

I'd have to say no,I am letting off about 70 mph or so.I adjusted the TPS tonight and turned down the FP to 42psi static and it felt much better.Also dicovered I was not getting full throttle.I was able to build more boost at the line to but still not enough(4psi).Tlink says It is still a little rich but I am going to do some more runs tomorrow and take it into 4th at WOT a few times.I am not used to going this fast(this sucker hauls!!)so it is hard for me to watch everything going right now,in time I will get used to the speed of light and be able to watch my gauges, etc, a little closer.thanks again..

don't let the car shift into 4th....leave it in "D"......if you are quitting at 70 mph, you aren't getting valid readings.....you prolly need to run it to 100 mph to find out for sure

you are using the record feature on t-link? That way you don't have to watch anything but the poles flying by:)