found vac leaks now i realy need help

mikes gn

1 ) at the base of vac lines bolted on top of the throttle body - what do i do can i use a gasket type sealer or do i need a new one ? if so what's it called ?

2 ) at the base of the egr valve - i can see bubbles , but i can't see for sure where , i'm thinking is there a gasket down there ??

3 ) adj. fuel preassure - around the the base where you adjust psi - that one ticks me off as it's new well about 5 years old with only about 50 miles on it.. maybe i can try to tighten it ???

this could be it, and i may get to realy enjoy the car for the first time in 6 years

1 ) at the base of vac lines bolted on top of the throttle body - what do i do can i use a gasket type sealer or do i need a new one ? if so what's it called ?

2 ) at the base of the egr valve - i can see bubbles , but i can't see for sure where , i'm thinking is there a gasket down there ??

3 ) adj. fuel preassure - around the the base where you adjust psi - that one ticks me off as it's new well about 5 years old with only about 50 miles on it.. maybe i can try to tighten it ???

this could be it, and i may get to realy enjoy the car for the first time in 6 years

1. It's called a vac block gasket.
2. It's called an egr valve gasket.
3. Some adj regs leak there. I put a tite fitting nylon washer under the flat washer, and then lock it down. Works for me.

Post up your scan numbers

1. It's called a vac block gasket.
2. It's called an egr valve gasket.
3. Some adj regs leak there. I put a tite fitting nylon washer under the flat washer, and then lock it down. Works for me.

Post up your scan numbers

What I did to stop the vacuum leak at the adjustment screw on my adjustable fuel pressure regulator is I bought a bag of steal washers that has a rubber gasket glued to one side from Home Depot works real well but the rubber gasket will dry rot from the heat and needs to be replaced once a year.

ok i got the block vac to stop leaking ( i removed the gasket cleaned it and used some gasket stuff )
egr gasket ( did the same thing no more leak there )
rechecked it still have leaks 2 of them, 1 - comeing out of the egr valve itself and the other one i could hear it on the throttle body but could'nt find it, so i made a smoke machine and found it , it's comeing out from the spring that holds the throttle linkage ?? never heard of that.. . so i'll need an egr valve, but i was told just buy the plate and block it off, is that ok to do ??? now what gives about the throttle body leaking there ???

throttle shaft seal , i took a pic of it. so is it shot ? can i fix it ? if so how ??

Attachments

• DSCN3056.JPG
    DSCN3056.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 140
I doubt any of those leaks are major enough to cause much if any driveability problems, unless a ton of smoke was pouring out of one of those areas.

They are known minor leak points excepting the EGR which should be able to be sealed up with a good new gasket and some scraping/surfacing.

I've never fixed a throttle shaft seal or pressure regulator minor leak and haven't missed a day of driving in the past 23 years.

Unless they are huge leaks they shouldn't impact you enjoying the car.

Just my .02 and my BLM's INT's and most other numbers are pretty decent even with those known
"leaks". :)

I doubt any of those leaks are major enough to cause much if any driveability problems, unless a ton of smoke was pouring out of one of those areas.

They are known minor leak points excepting the EGR which should be able to be sealed up with a good new gasket and some scraping/surfacing.

I've never fixed a throttle shaft seal or pressure regulator minor leak and haven't missed a day of driving in the past 23 years.

Unless they are huge leaks they shouldn't impact you enjoying the car.

Just my .02 and my BLM's INT's and most other numbers are pretty decent even with those known
"leaks". :)
the air was rushing out of the egr valve and the throttle shaft, i resealed the egr gasket and stoped the bubbles. so i had 5 leaks vac block gasket , the throttle seals , egr gasket , the egr valve and the fuel preassure reg.

Sweet! Would like to hear/see more about it.
the small bottle of 3 dot fits real tight on the throttle body with no hose clamp , just cut the bottom off of it drill a hole thru the cap about the size of your tubing , then i just used black tape to make the seal. you have to work it on as it is pretty tight, light up a smoke and blow away

Attachments

• DSCN3057.JPG
    DSCN3057.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN3058.JPG
    DSCN3058.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 88
Starting tomorrow I was going to quit smoking but now I can't, I have a vacuum leak to find. Thanks Mike.
it's the 12 oz. 3 dot , the fit was perfect i only used the hose clamp because there was so much smoke rolling out i wanted to rule out a leak on the under side of it, there was not , it was all coming out of my throttle body shaft seals. i used alot of black tape i'd used some hit it with the
lighter just to shrink it down real nice add tape and shrink it again..