found something

TurboToy

4PLAYN
i am taking out my power plate to see if it helps with my knock problem got it off and found a oil residue on it not in drop form but wet to the touch and can be smeared and it is on the inside of the intake not in the ports goin to the valves though is this normal or do i have a seal goin bad in my turbo? and if the oil is not spost to be there can this be causeing my knock?:confused:

two basic ways that it can get there, I think. One is thru the throttle body from the intercooler and the other way is from the pcv to the vacuum block on top of the plenum and on into the engine.

Yes, it can be the cause of knock. I think the problem is oil mixed with gas lowers octane.
Have you changed PVC with a AC Delco unit?
I was getting knock (alot at part throttle) with PP and alky. I cleaned EGR and replaced gasket and added 104 unleaded, no more knock.

it not alot

it not alot but it is there i have since i last posted lowered my fuel pressre from 43 to 36 line off and reduced my knock from 11.X to 6.1 i might have to try removing the egr and checking.:) and the pvc i don't know i will ahve to see if it is a delco unit

To much boost, to much timing, or not enough octane.
If the 15# boost level is correct, then that is not high.
What chip - what timing?
Like I posted, I had a knock problem but 104 gas cured it. I might be covering up a problam but as little as I drive, I will run the good gas!

#'s

it is a jay carter chip but what the timing is i don't have a clue he dident send me the fact asheet with it. i think tomarrow i may get some of that zyline and add it to the fuel and see if it goes away i have the fuel pressure set at 36 line off for now it brought my knock down from 11'x to 6.1 and thats where i am right now is 6.1 with 792 02's.

When I get this much knock the first thing I check is the DP hitting the crossover or the frame rail and both times that has been the cause of the knock.

I also check my engine tie down, my motor mounts are new.

i lowered the fuel pressure and it brought down the knock and i have had my wife watch the down pipe and the cross pipe and they are not hitting but i did not see if they were hitting the fram i will check that out here later thanks again any info is more than i have at this point:)