Found something interesting

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
I doubt that many have seen one of these before. Firestone got out of making racing tires at one time but when they got back into indy racing in 94 the managers of each store were supposed to each get 1 of these models along with the assistant and which ever tech sold the most of a specific tire. I don't remember the tire but I tied with one other tech and since each store only got 3 the manager gave his up to me.:D This was for the fact that firestone got back into indy car racing again but I don't know how many were made total. This thing has been sitting in it's original shipping box for almost 20 years now and the only time I ever remember taking out to look at it was when I got it. I still haven't found my box of comics that I've had since I was a kid but when I do I'm thinking about throwing all of them on evilbay to see what I get out of them.;)
DSCF1206.JPGDSCF1207.JPGDSCF1208.JPGDSCF1209.JPG

I think the tire was the Firehawk indy 500.. I think I still have a set on some goofy chrome wheels that came on my T type...lol.. I worked at Firestone in the early 90s to support my college fund. Those were the days...lol