found a couple cars...they worth the $ ????

Dewey

Resident Smartass
I've come across a couple cars (not on this site) and wanted some unbiased opinions. First car is 87 GN. Hardtop car. Hair under 100K miles but looks to be clean, rust free, and well taken care of. Its also stock with the exception of some valve covers. A dealer has it and they're asking $12,000.
The second is a 87 turbo Limited. Hardtop car. 81K miles and all stock except muffler and vacuum brake conversion. Black with burgundy interior. Landau roof, opera lights, chrome rockers, twilight sentinel.......the whole 9 yards. Paint is fair but not great and doors may have been patched at some point. Interior is a little faded in the normal places. Rest of car is clean and unmolested. Dealer has this one as well but he's a Buick guy and has a T and GN of his own. Can get this car for $9000. Opinions please!!!!!

The T-type sounds like a better deal, but obviously W/O pics it is hard to tell.

The impression I get is that although the Limited has fewer miles, the GN has been taken better care of. Kind of a trade off but $12k for a 100K mile car seems a lil' high to me.

If a dealer has the GN then 12k is too much. I am thinking in this market 8/9k

BE WARY of owning a LIMITED. The resale market is to only older guys. The GN guys SHUN them big time.

I know 1st hand. Not one young person was intresed in mine. oh yeah the black paint caught there eyes but it stopped right there.

I'm 40 years old...I AM an older guy...lol. I agree the GN is high, just like any other dealer car. But I doubt they're gonna come down $4000. :frown: Only reason a GN should shun a Limited is cuz they have a 50/50 chance of getting beat by one....lol.

You want them to come down?

Ask if you can have a pre-purchase inspection done by a third party. If they care to sell the car, they will agree.

Find one of the local tb.com boys to do a complete once over on it. Find out what it needs, apply a number to that and then go back to the dealer and say " fix this and i will buy it right now" or " take this off the asking price and I will buy it right now" - stress " right now".

If there is any argument at all say " thank you for your time" turn and walk.

If at all possible, do not finance that car. If yu do, do it through a personal loan at your bank or a credit union.

Do not let the selling dealer do a pre-purchase inspection obviously. Any results from the PPI are yours as you paid for them. The dealer doesnt get a copy.