Forza 2 XBOX360 - GNX

BlackMetal

Picked up the game today, first day it was out. On a related note, had a cop follow me into the Circuit City parking lot when I went to get the game. Walk back out with my friend, see the cop still circling in the parking lot. Figured he wasn't too fond of my open dump pipe out on the main street when I first arrived. So we stashed the games in the car and walked off like we had somewhere else to go. When we came back they were gone, probably ran the plates and left.

Anyways haven't played the game much tonight but took a pic for everyone.

forzapic1.jpg

forzapic2.jpg

Won't be able to play much more til my day off on Friday.

Glad to see a Buick is in the game. Gonna pick up a copy myself soon.
Looks like yours was a nice one. LOL Can you fully mod it like in the first version with custom paint and wheels?
Looking forward to getting a copy.

Patrick

how is it compared to the first version?

the gnx was replicated very well. drove just like a gn, maybe handled a little better. boost came in at the right time, sound was right, but it was like a manual, you couldn't really build boost at the line very well.

i've got to get a 360 and get that game.

It's a good game. The graphics aren't mind blowing like you'd expect from a next gen game. It looks like a polished version of the first Forza. The cars are obviously really detailed but the environments themselves are a bit bland, and there's a few annoying graphical problems like overdone reflections on cars etc. But if you're like me, it's more than good enough.

The gameplay is great, awesome physics, cars handle great. Audio is probably the best part, all the cars sound great. I even enjoy listening to a Honda Civic, that's how good it is.

The A.I. is pretty crappy, the CPU opponents aren't allowed to upgrade their cars. They always race cars in stock-trim, so once you slap on a few parts, you're going to win every race.

Haven't upgraded a GNX yet because I'm focusing on buying the specific cars I need to win races. Once I get further along in the game and have more money to blow on other cars, I'll buy the Buick. But yes you can change the paint and wheels and everything.

Right now I'm racing a 700+hp CTS-V that I need for the "heavy-weight" class. Almost 4000lbs, so hard to slow it down.

Here's that CTS-V I've been racing. Now it's up to 955HP supercharged. 0-60mph in 3.8seconds, and that's still at 3900lbs. Haven't done any weight reduction to it because the race is specifically for heavy cars. After I beat that series of races, I'll lighten it up and it'll be even crazier. Already smoking supercars with it.

ctsv2.jpg

Could pass as a modern day GNX. :)

I have to know, did they fix the sound issues with cars from behind being louder than cars in front of you? in the first one you could hear a stock honda, or something quiet coming from 1/4 mile behind you, but anything in front of you, you would never hear it.

I've never done any road racing, but from my gokart experience i've never heard anyone behind me until they are right up on me, but its easy to hear people ahead of you. simple doppler effect... thats my only real complaint with the first one.

I've got the game andhave already bought the GN. I only have stage 2 weight reduction, race breaks, race tranny, clutch, flywheel, and driveshaft. The car even stock is a monster for the other cars in the D class to handle. Even though its not supposed to handle really well I've learned how to drive it properly and I beat everything all the time. This car gives me the easiest wins whereas other cars I have to really race to just barely win. The car pulls like a freight train so that helps to, as every single race it pulls out in front before the first turn and if there are a lot of straights its not even close. I can't wait to fully mod it and see how much HP I can get out of it.

I have been playing this game a ton. I bought a GNX and painted it to match my 87 T. I couldn't remove the spoiler or air vents, but it is close enough. If you look closely, you can even see the T emblem. Unfortunately, there were no Weld wheels to use, so I ended up using Fikse. I beefed up the brakes and suspension and the car is pretty darn competitive.

forzacars.jpg

Speaking of gameplay, has anyone noticed that during replays, your driver does a stick shift animation even though he is in an auto? Sorry, I just notice quirks like that.

Since the Regal GNX is the main reason why I purchased this game, I decided to recreate the Grand National logo. This is the first design I've ever created and it took a while to make it perfect. As some of you know, there is an amazing customization system in this game, and with a lot of time and effort you can create anything you want.

I will put one of these out on the auction house and see how much attention it gets. Also, since only 547 GNXs were made, I will number each one that I design and put in the auction house. I also will equip each GNX with a free pair of fat rear tires for us GN lovers.

Comments and Suggestion Greatly Appreciated! (Also, the car looks a lot better on my HDTV than in these compressed pics.)

71730208pk7.jpg

On a side note, I'm representing GN lovers by being ranked in the top hundred for the Nurburgring lap time with about a 7m35s (On Xbox Live). I've got a finely tuned GNX with about 700 HP. (0_0)

How do the GNX's sound...I remember in GT4 it sounded like a honda with a plug wire missing. Does the audio incorporate the sound of the turbo at various boost levels during driving? Does Forza have an in car view, which may influence a no holds barred impulse buy on the whole $hit-a-ree

tommy

The engine sounds are amazing in this game (especially if you have a decent Dolby Digital setup). You can hear the turbo whistle after first gear. Also, the engine sound change according to what parts you have on the car. Go buy it now! There is no in-car view mainly because of the huge list of cars in this game. That'd take months to accomplish.

Wow that GN logo is awesome. I don't have the patience to mess around with the paint/decal feature too much. I have no idea how you were able to make that, but it's dead-on.

Unfortunately the game kinda got boring for me already. I did the engine swap to the GN (LS7) and have applied just about all the upgrades and now the car is rated "U999", the highest class/rating you can have in the game. So now when I drive the GNX the CPU has to use full-blown race cars to keep up with me.

But now that I maxed out the GNX I kinda don't feel like playing it. Some of the races in career mode are annoying, having tournaments specifically for cars with less than 250HP = boring!

Do you have Xbox Live because that's really what makes this game. I can't imagine only playing single player. Smokin' Enzos and McLarens online with my GN never gets old. I really, really recommend it.

Man i got a new game to buy! Wish this game came out before i got paint for my regal, i could have tried some schemes before hand.

Making any kind of logo is painstaking work. It involves using the vinyl decals, several layers, and lots of time. There is no paintbrush or importing of images. Some of the work people are doing is amazing. If you go to the Forza forum on Xbox.com | Xbox.com Home there are some great tutorials.

We should all get online and have a turbo Buick race. :)

I love making NASCAR designs on the GNX and selling them at auction, it's a great time passer and it makes me good $$$ to upgrade my other cars!:cool: