forged rods?

87gnNV

OK im rrebuilding my engine.
1. im getting forged pistons but witch ones J&E or TRW's (or should i just stay with the stock ones)?
2. Since im getting forged pistons (or stock) should i also be getting forged rods?
3. Im thinking about a 208/208 cam would i still pass emitions?

Stock rods are fine! How much do you want to spend? JEs are nice but if your not gonna go into the 10s the stock ones are fine. Stock stuff is good, just show it a little love. 208/208 is a good choice, roller cams are nice too. The question is, how much you got?

How fast are you looking to go and how much are you willing to spend??

The stock rods and crank are fine IMO, but I would get some J&E pistons and make sure you take the motor to a well known engine builder and machine shop that knows the ins and outs of the Buick 3.8 Turbo V6 so you don't get burned!!!! Also, depending on how fast you are looking to go with your stock 109 block you might want to consider a block girdle and/or get some Billet main caps (the two center mains at least).... As far as the cam goes I have heard some good about the 208/208 flat tappet (Geno ran 9.90's @136mph with that cam when he had the stock block), but if you got some extra $$$ to spend I would go ahead and get a Billet hyd. roller cam like a 206/206, 210/210, or 214/210.... Keep in mind there are many different cam grinds that work great, but if 11's is all you want and your stocker is in good condition (and doesn't have a lot of miles on it as well) it will probably work the best!
HTH:)

By asking how much i got im assuming money? Well not that much but if the stock are fine i will stick with them and save some money. As we all know speed is addicting should i prepare for the future? Im think of getting a te44. what type of cam is that roller cams? How much more is that maybe i should do that instead of the pistons. My over all goal is low mid 11's but that addiction is unstoppable :( .(is there no end?)

Stay with a flat tappet cam then. A roller is about 1000$ for the kit. You can't get brand new stock pistons, so you would have to reuse if possible your old stockers. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! If they're good, I'd do that. Your goal is easy to reach with the stock stuff. Good luck!

If in the future i wanted to faster i would need J&E or TRW? If that is true i might just want to get them. U never know. Well any idea's if ill pass emitions on that cam(208/208)?

By the way u have some killer mods :eek:

I'm running stock pistons and going 10.90 in a full weight car. If yours are in good condition i'd reuse them. I ran the 208 modern muscle cam at one time . It is a good cam. Don't know about it passing emmissions never tried. Forged pistons must be fit loser in the holes and alot of time will set off the knock sensor. Don't worry about the rods. Have them magnafluxed, resized, and use ARP rod bolts and they will last forever. The crank is more of the weak link than the rods but we are stuck with it. Have it magnafluxed also. You need to decide how fast you want to go. If this is mainly a street car stay with the 44 , thdp, msd 50's , good stock location intercooler and you will be very happy. Trust me keep it in the mid 11's and you will be much happier. If you want to go 10's put a girdle on it. And you'll need more turbo and a loose convertor and alot more in the fuel system .