Ford twin turbo V6

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
Has anyone seen this yet? Very interesting!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Considering how much positive feedback Ford's 4-cylinder EcoBoost engine received, the next logical step would be a V6. Ford decided to take it one step further by designing a high output EcoBoost engine that should catch the interest of performance junkies and eco-savvy people alike.

The new EcoBoost V6 is rated at 355 horsepower and 350 lb/ft of torque. Those power ratings come mostly from the addition of a pair of Honeywell GT15 turbochargers. Adding the twin turbo system to the already potent engine allows the V6 to compete with the larger V8 engines that are usually seen in the same class of vehicles.
The real selling point for these engines in that the gain in power doesn't come at the expense of fuel economy. Currently, Ford has estimated fuel mileage gains between 10% and 15% when compared to vehicles in similar classes.

Derrick Kuzak, VP of Product Development at Ford, said it best: "The beauty of EcoBoost is that it enables us to downsize for fuel efficiency, yet boost for power. We're able to decrease the size of the available engine, such as installing a V6 versus a V8, yet boost the power using turbocharging to deliver similar power and torque of that larger engine."
Ford is planning on introducing the new EcoBoost V6 in the Flex, as well as the Lincoln MKS and MKT. There are also rumors floating around that it could be used to power the next generation of Mustangs.

Attachments

• EcoBoost Cut Away.img_assist_custom..jpg
    EcoBoost Cut Away.img_assist_custom..jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 268
  • EcoBoostEngine.img_assist_custom.jpg
    EcoBoostEngine.img_assist_custom.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 267
  • Twin Turbo Ford V6.jpg
    Twin Turbo Ford V6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 281
Welcome to last year! Nothing new about this at all. It's been on the streets for over a year.

I've test driven the ecoboost MKS, MKT, and Flex. They all "fly". Great torque!.

well, then this post is for people who haven't seen it yet, like me.

D

Welcome to last year! Nothing new about this at all. It's been on the streets for over a year.

The Ford twin turbo V6, on the streets for over a year?? Gee...I must be living under a rock and didn't know it.

I watch SPEED channel & HD Theatre and Fords Eco Boost engines have been getting a lot of attention recently.

I don't think a turbo car can hang as a street patrol car. Those crown vics get beat to sh*t.

I like how they call it "Ecoboost." It's like they're saying, "What? Two turbochargers are GOOD for the environment." They convinced me. :D

That's all good but I wanna see how it hangs with the vics on the street.. day in day out call after call in the coldest of winters and hottest summers..

it should haul with real turbos on it ... the turbos that come on it are very very small .... ford had an engine cutaway at a carshow last yr

inlet is about the size of a 50 cent peice