Ford Motor

There is a back half car in New York that turbo people works on.
It has has twin turbo ford v8 in it, Windsor based I think.
Not my first, second or third choice, but I respect people trying to do
something different.

I swapped them out before but.....

I have never put a ford in a GM product, I have put many Chevy motors in Fords due to the fact that the wiring is so much easier:p Although it would be pretty cool to see a 302 in a TR just for the fact that the 302 really likes boost:cool: By design it is a great motor, small bore and short stroke=high rpms torbos really like high rpms from what I have noticed. I drive a 90 Ford Ranger 2.3 and a 5 speed and a turbo setup from my old SVO and boy can that little truck move:rolleyes: I have done tons of 5.0's and a grap load of superchargers for them as well and you can easly see 600 horse from a stock bottom end 5.0 HO motor, so why not do it:biggrin: Besides I would love to see the look on everones face when you pop the hood:cool: If you need Ford parts let me know, my shelve are full of them and I know them front to back and everything you need to know about them;)

Doesn't seem like a good choice considering an LSX motor would kick harder and would be easier to support than a FOMOCO swap. My O2

Fords suck, Chevys rule.

"Hey Flo, git me that there beer and shut those damn kids up and close the trailer door so I can watch the got dam Nascar race now."
:p

rhtsg0.jpg

Wtf???

That is so wrong yet so beautiful in many ways;) I am a huge Ford fan myself and I think it would be different to put a Ford motor in a Buick, but that went over board:eek: Did any of you guys look at the pics of that???

Ok your gonna have to race the dodge 4x4 now you got more cylinders . I would do twins with fuel injection but thats just me looks good in there .

An absolute disgrace, if you wanna run a Ford, put it in a Ford!:mad:

No different than when people put a chevy in a Mustang.......

At least this way, RebalT assures he's going to make good power. We all know that the Ford crowd for years now has outdone the Chevy crowd in most of the shootout type racing. Chuck Samuels, Tim Lynch, Brad Brand....
:tongue:

An absolute disgrace, if you wanna run a Ford, put it in a Ford!:mad:

Even though it is not my first choice, unless you buy the car, it is his call on when he does with it. I hope it is really fast!

Like I said to each his own, but to bastardize a Buick like that in my personal opinion is nonsense. It is like putting a Chevy in a Pontiac or Oldsmobile. If you wanna Chevy drive one not just the powerplant. But like you said it is his car, do with it as he will. It will certainly be different.:rolleyes:

Or how about a Buick in a Mustang? I know of a certain foxbody hatch that we like to call the "Butang" which should be out soon.:D It started life as a NA 4 cylinder car though so not exactly a big loss to the Ford crowd.
There is no disputing that the Ford guys have had a LOT of success in the various classes of HU racing, but I'd like to think the Buicks helped them along the way by beating the crap out of them back in the 80's and showing them that if they wanted to win they needed to take the same poweradder/technology that was applied to the Buicks from the factory!

I'll give ya that one Steve, it probably was the Buicks that showed everybody, not just the Mustang guys what a turbo can do. The Supra's probably contributed somewhat also, making unthinkable RWHP numbers out of a 6-banger.