Ford 9" assembly pics

KendallF

Blah blah blah
Ford 9" assembly pics--question added

Well, I spent part of today assembling my Ford 9" rear. It's all coming together fairly well.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?.dir=/Ford+9+rear+end&.view=t&.last=1

I bought a Moser housing and 35 spline axles and a local guy assembled a Strange center with a spool. The brakes are 3rd gen F-body discs; I machined the caliper brackets to fit the Ford housing, welded the old holes shut and drilled the Ford pattern.

I had the core F-body calipers but I'm not running the E-brake so someone told me that front S-10 calipers would work. I went and got new calipers, pads, pins, hardware, hoses, etc. etc. today for $70. :)

Of course, there's a small protrusion on the S10 caliper that interferes with the bracket and needs clearanced..there's always opportunity for re-engineering on such deals.

Anyway, I'm pleased so far. :)

Looks good, Kendall!
Seems like it is all coming together for you. Are you going to be ready for BG, or possibly Bristol? Shoot me an E-mail.

Going to be another fast one in Florida soon :)

I'm going to ask a question here...I should probably start a new thread and I may if nobody sees this to answer me. :)

Those of you who have aftermarket disc brakes in the rear, where are the calipers mounted on each side? Front, back, one front and one back, ?? Looking at my car and the lower control arms I'm using, it would appear to work better if I put both calipers pointed toward the front..I need to make up my mind as I have to get the caliper with the correct bleed valve orientation.

EDIT: da**it Steve Wood, you answer everybody else's questions! Stick your nose in here!

disk brakes

Kendall

I have Wildwood rear disk brakes,on my 9" Ford rear end. They are also on the back of both wheels.
This is the normal postion,with the ones I have seen.
Just my two cents
Austin Kendall

You might as well try a parachute, although it would look silly opening it when you go to launch :)
I didn't have a chance to call you today, but the Buick dealer wanted $57 for the crank sensor with no bracket. I thought someone had them for around $30 so I will post on that.