For those who have removed driver's side wiring channel......

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Always hated that damn wiring channel that runs along the bottom of the valve cover and the back of the motor. Makes taking the valve covers off a pain in the ass as well as getting to that lower alternator bolt. Well mine is now off the car and was thinking of just using black wiring conduit that matches the rest of the factory stuff with a couple of adel clamps to hold to the valve covers. Just concerned about the heat coming off the headers.

Anyone have pics of what they have done with the harness with the channel removed??

I saw a picture of someone sliding the harness behind the metal plate that goes over the A/C box. I tried to do it myself but I couldn't get it to fit. Not sure what I was missing

I just wrapped mine in electrical tape and it looks great. I kept the conduit but you're right, a pain to work around.

I saw a picture of someone sliding the harness behind the metal plate that goes over the A/C box. I tried to do it myself but I couldn't get it to fit. Not sure what I was missing

Talking about the l-shaped one on the driver's side. Was thinking about trying to run the wiring along the TOP of valve cover where EGR valve USED to be.

We don't use that channel on engine harnesses that we build - just use 22mm conduit throughout the harness. If it's a stock replacement harness, we use a section of the oval conduit to route around the heater box, otherwise, round all the way, using round clips to secure it.

That channel has been discontinued for ten years now, so that made the decision easier.

I have run mine over the top of the valve cover with some wire loom like what you are describing. I can take a picture if you want. I did it during a "factory optional" wiring removal, so I probably have a few less wires there. :)

it still isn't perfect though

I don't think its so bad as far as taking the valve covers off. The driverside is the easier of the two.
I was thinking if there is a way to put the harness thru the lower intake would that clean up the mess. Then you would probably need to make the wires going to the ATS,MAF,and the AC longer?

Was thinking about trying to run the wiring along the TOP of valve cover where EGR valve USED to be.
This is what I did years ago works fine and looks "normal". I just wrapped the wires with one pass of high quality electrical tape and put the round conduit over it, overlap taping the ends too.

i am wondering the same thing but routing the harness in the intake will be a pain to get the intake off when needing to work on the engine. i would like to route the harness somewhere other than over the exhaust manifold. doing the hotrod power tour in 2 weeks and hope the header heat don't melt the harness.

If you route it like Mark says between the valve cover and intake area it will be fine..... unless you still have the EGR than disregard; it probably will not fit there to well.

my question has any one ever done a wire tuck to our cars i don't know if you guys understand what i mean but its basicaly hidding everything kinda like this car...

I didn't do a true tuck on mine, but my friend and I did remove a TON of wiring and did a little bit of hiding including the under-the-intake trick. It's not done by any means, and I still want to re-locate the battery, and re-wrap the whole thing. We removed cruise, wiper sprayers, I broke off a wiper arm trying to separate it :eek: , so those went too (RainX from here on out)

If I had it to do over again, I would have tried to leave the fuse-block / bulkhead in the same location; that part of the project did not work out how I wanted it to at all. I'm not an expert with wiring but I was able to do enough to learn some, for sure. One good thing, the removal of all that wiring makes fitting things under the intake a lot easier. Some of the plugs are still a PITA to squeeze in there. A little more work and it will look pretty awesome IMO.

If you try, you'll run in to a few problems with sensors that stick out like a sore thumb (TPS, Coolant Temp, etc.). MAF and IAT have to be routed strangely to look right, but you can combine that with fan wiring if you want. At some point, I would like to buy another engine/dash harness combo and give it another shot, now that I have a little bit of experience. It's really nice, because now I can have the whole harness disconnected and out in short order.

i was wondering if there was a way to move the wires under the motor and come up the front instead of going along the top