??? for people trapping 130+ in street cars. (Fuel related)

Holy sandbagger, dude, 186 mph is still mega-mph, should be dusting off some 7-sec dragstrers with that. What'd you do, put it on a throttle stop? Anyway, fast is fast! The Turbo Mustang world is smokin' these days.

Hmmm... I installed a Fel Pro (aka Speed Pro, aka FAST) in Spring 2000 if I recall correctly. I believe duty cycle was in the low-mid 90's. Since I changed injectors with the new fuel system, I can't really compare before/after dc like C. Cairns did (nice info there). I think A/F varied from ~11.9-11.5 back then. Nothing interesting to report I'm afraid.

Art

With the mustang, [I know it's not a GN] bare with me. I had a fuel system that would get me down the track, 90% ds on the inj , 83's. I wen't to the system I posted before but gad to use 2 aeromotive pumps due to them not liking to run over 65psi . My inj ds went down at the AF I had plugged in to 75%. The inj didn't have to cycle as fast to keep up with AF due to more pump line size and so on. As I turned up the wick I then had to start keeping them open longer to keep up, finally I just put in the 160's like I should have before the 83's and she was happy. But couldn't keep her hooked past the 1/8 on 28x10.5's. I am not going to go there with the 86 but there could be a 7 sec T type in my future, we will see.

How much is enough?

For you doubters in the crowd that feel that the double pumper is just not enough. I called Terry to verify how fast his car had gone on the Red Armstrong double XP and stock lines and he believes it went 9.2's at nearly 150. When I told him why I was checking he told me to ask Dan White how fast they had gone. For you unbelievers Dan White is still using Red's double XP's a stock tank with on his Stage II twin turbo car feeding 166 lb injectors. I did not ask what he was using for fuel lines but I don't think that matters much unless you are trying to go faster than 9.2's as Terry did. So far Dan's car has gone the best of 8.30 @ 170 MPH. If you have seen Dan's car you will know it is not an ultra light tube car to the contrary he is going that fast on a 28x10.5 tires (NO NOT a W) and stock style suspension.

The thing I personally like about twin XP for one you are not killing the pump while idling around or street driving, oh and there quiet too.
Secondly something not considered by most is the heat factor. I spent a couple hours talking with Weldon and they contend that running that large of a pump (2025) that it could literally boil the fuel (Just the friction from pushing that much fuel through the lines and regulator, pump etc.) in short period of time, when you boil the fuel you kill the octane as well as it going right out the vent. I drive mine on the street (no not daily) and I pay $12 a gallon to get the octane I want I surely don't want to boil it away.

Sorry for all the rambling but hate to see a great setup not get completely accurate representation. Red's pumps work period, and they are enough. Any part can fail or be affected by external circumstances, like contaminated fuel. Been there done that lost a pump and a motor. Now you know how I really feel. :D;) :D ;) :D Have at it use the Twin XP's go fast. Dave

>Sorry for all the rambling but hate to see a great setup not get completely accurate representation.

Thanks for the info Dave. But no worries, whenever the topic comes up it rarely gets completey accurate representation :D

TurboTR

Fuel supply

I run two large Bosch Fuel pumps ... (just got them back from service company where they had check up, flow and pressure testing on pump dyno) they push 180 psi and mvoe more fuel than I'll ever need... @ 13 volts draw.
I run a sumped 8 gal fuel cell with 2 lines out into a huge russell double inlet double outlet filter.. then into side by side (the Bosch Twins) pumps. From the pumps which are individualy togle swith controlled from drivers seat, into a "y" block. then into a .5" id (steel) jacketed line up to a welded fitting on the fule rail. Adjustable fuel press. reg. returns scavenged fule to tank via the stock (return) line to the cell.

Wiring and plumbing is all strate forward ... JUST DONT GET LEAKS in yer lines and fittings at 180 psi.

ds

im shooting for 130 with single walbro 340...will find out soon.

ran out of injector at 127 last time out (50's) but now have 75's and it pulls real good by the butt dyno so i'm expecting it to do my 130 mph goal :)