FNG here from Dallas Ga

FNG

Hi everyone

FNG here and I am in Dallas Ga I just bought this car yesterday. It was my sister inlaws husbands but because of a every long story they were forced to sell. Sick child (stage 4 cancer + divorce = sell of car )

I bought it and now I will be looking to the members here to educate me on these cars.

Things I know about it. It has a larger turbo cnc ported heads steel crack mains (crank is the stock cast )and a Impala SS mass air sensor. It got the steel mains due to the fact the motor over revved and stretched the mains. Stupid trust me we all told him that.... Haha!!!

Anything I need to watch for???

Welcome to the Community !
Stop by sometime-we are right off 278 past 61. :biggrin:

Will do!!! This car has had work done to it buy yall and yall sent my motor for my 79 F-150 to the machine shop. I can remember names ( I am getting old ) I know yall from the drag strip. Do yall still have the little green Ford Ranger?

Will do!!! This car has had work done to it buy yall and yall sent my motor for my 79 F-150 to the machine shop. I can remember names ( I am getting old ) I know yall from the drag strip. Do yall still have the little green Ford Ranger?

Yeah- that's Peter's.He's working on the fuel line right now(has issues)We had a Cage Certification here Sunday-burgers and fun !
It was a great turnout !

Welcome FNG, I'm in Columbus, GA. That's quite a distance. Anyway, Drew will be in my prayers.

Welcome FNG, I'm in Columbus, GA. That's quite a distance. Anyway, Drew will be in my prayers.

Thanks for the prayer and yes you are about 2.5 to 3 hours from me.

I was already a member for someone else.

Sorry to hear that and I hope every thing is going well for your friend. I know this can be tough road to go down.

My wife use to babysit Drew when he was a baby so he is almost like one of my own.

But- HAPPY BIRTHADY TO DREW The Carepages say it's his B-day today !

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Right now they are on there way back from Pa. He had to go up there for an MIBG fusion ( some fancy experimental treatments ). He has already done all the traditional cancer treatments.

Ok enough with all the depressing stuff. Lets get back to this GN. There is a few things I would like to know. I am searching some of this but some of this is so basic that not much is coming back or alot to sift through.

1) On my list is what size ring gear is the factory rearend?

2) How much can the rearend take? I don't want to take out the rear of the line.

3) What are yall doing for a cat on you exhaust? I have the Borla exhaust system with no cat but I have to pass emissions to register it.

4) What tires have yall had good luck with?

There is a few things I would like to know. I am searching some of this but some of this is so basic that not much is coming back or alot to sift through.

2) How much can the rearend take? I don't want to take out the rear of the line.

3) What are yall doing for a cat on you exhaust? I have the Borla exhaust system with no cat but I have to pass emissions to register it.

1)8.5" on factory 10 bolt rearend

2)the axles will go first

3)What DP do you have? We have a 2 1/2" stock or 3"race cat. Measure from the 4 bolt to DP.

4) ET Street-Mickey Thompson

Thanks for the prayer and yes you are about 2.5 to 3 hours from me.

Sorry to hear that and I hope every thing is going well for your friend. I know this can be tough road to go down.

My wife use to babysit Drew when he was a baby so he is almost like one of my own.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Right now they are on there way back from Pa. He had to go up there for an MIBG fusion ( some fancy experimental treatments ). He has already done all the traditional cancer treatments.

Ok enough with all the depressing stuff. Lets get back to this GN. There is a few things I would like to know. I am searching some of this but some of this is so basic that not much is coming back or alot to sift through.

2) will take alot, if you plan on going 10's you need to beef it up
3) A 3" single shot, will be stealing the highend cat from 83
4) Dunlap QT's 235/60/15's and have pulled a 2.0 60' time. They also have them in 255's. Very good street tire..BFG radial TA's SUCK

Well went today to see what it would do at the emissions stand. It pasted with no problem. I had thought that the converter had been punched out but I guess not.
bananadance.gif

Thanks for emailing me the price Paul...

Pics in case yall want to see.

car-001.jpg

car-002.jpg

car-003.jpg

Yeah I got the floor dirty and I got to clean it..

car-004.jpg

car-006.jpg

car-007.jpg

car-008.jpg

car-009.jpg